• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith blasts ex-players/selectors via Twitter

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope, what went on there?
Nothing for news channels to break. It's just that he's possibly one of the best domestic T20 batsmen anywhere in the world, but struggled in two T20Is here and was on the bench for the rest of the event. Stats showed he's cut out for T20, but something may have gone wrong out there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must admit I thought his omission strange. Obviously he's not a live candidate for tests or even ODIs, but he scores quickly and could give the yarps the impetus that was patently missing from their batting in the tournament.

TT Boy said in another thread he as a bit of history with some of the senior SA players, so doubt that aided his cause either.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really like twitter, it's hilarious to see the individuals try to express themselves without having everything filtered by an agent or an organization. You quickly realize why none of them are good role models.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cricketweb and Twitter should be capitalised, and 'in fact' is two words. Just FTR.

:ph34r:
Before you point out my mistakes make sure to spell 'Cricket Web' and 'capitalized' correctly. Anyways, I was not chiding him for poor grammar. I was pointing out the irony of calling out Smith for poor spelling and grammar when his post contained grammatical error and a phantom word. I don't care if anyone spells wrong and I will continue to spell things wrong, people can post in ebonics here for all I care. Atleast make sure that you are not being hypocritical before taking a dig at a cricketer for no apparent reason, esp considering Smith apologized on twitter for the mistake.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before you point out my mistakes make sure to spell 'Cricket Web' and 'capitalized' correctly. Anyways, I was not chiding him for poor grammar. I was pointing out the irony of calling out Smith for poor spelling and grammar when his post contained grammatical error and a phantom word. I don't care if anyone spells wrong and I will continue to spell things wrong, people can post in ebonics here for all I care. Atleast make sure that you are not being hypocritical before taking a dig at a cricketer for no apparent reason, esp considering Smith apologized on twitter for the mistake.
Haha yeah, well aware you were just making a point, I was just being a **** in my post.

That said, 'capitalised' was in no way spelt wrong, and it angers me so that anyone would think so, tbh.

Sir Alex

Banned
Would love to know what you think were the grammatical mistakes in my post. I notice you've bolded "Fat Grey's", but as that was a contraction of "Fat Grey has" rather than the possessive, that doesn't really help. Acronyms are used widely on CW, so not really seeing your point there either. Finally, I thought it was pretty clear that my main issue was with the contents, with the expression a much less important aside, so I wouldn't call it a post dedicated to bashing is grammar. But good to see you taking time out from pondering whether Brett Lee is Chinese to contribute to the thread! :thumbsup:
Please forgive my ignorance, but shouldn't contractions like "'s for has" be used only with pronouns?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really like twitter, it's hilarious to see the individuals try to express themselves without having everything filtered by an agent or an organization. You quickly realize why none of them are good role models.
Haha so true. Twitter ruins people's careers, or at least gets them in trouble. Quite interesting to see people's true emotions. Its like they forget it's still public information!

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
You know, i think i agree with Smith that the selectors have to be the one to provide the captain with options..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Starting to have doubts over Smith for the first time since he fell out with Klusener. Botha just looks like a better person to have as captain, and has a proven track record against decent opposition, in an admittedly short time.. Fact of the matter is, a load of our best top order players play for England and our insistance on picking passengers like Gibbs and Albie Morkel is verging on the embarassing.. You can't choke when you don't get close to a winning position, although in our defence, you don't have to play bad cricket for very long to get dumped out of a T20 tournament..

akilana

International 12th Man
I'm not a big fan of Albie but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He was merely a spectator in the dug out, while the top order ate up the overs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starting to have doubts over Smith for the first time since he fell out with Klusener. Botha just looks like a better person to have as captain, and has a proven track record against decent opposition, in an admittedly short time.. Fact of the matter is, a load of our best top order players play for England and our insistance on picking passengers like Gibbs and Albie Morkel is verging on the embarassing.. You can't choke when you don't get close to a winning position, although in our defence, you don't have to play bad cricket for very long to get dumped out of a T20 tournament..
I maintain that Smith has taken SA as far as he can and should be replaced

They havent wont a series of any significance (test, odi or t20s) for about 18 months and are going backwards in most formats