Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 is taking my interest from cricket away

U19 Debutant

20/20 is taking my interest from cricket away

seriously i am not enjoying cricket these days. its all about 20/20 games these days. why so few test series or ODI tournaments. I mean I understand limiting the number ODI's played ( though i dont agree with that too) but why so few test series?
    Last edited by SaeedAnwar; 07-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Recommend not watching them then, old fruit.

Missing out on gems like Jayawardene's knock today if you don't tho. Even the staunchest T20 knocker could enjoy that IMHO.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Don't let the door...
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Recommend not watching them then, old fruit.
    Haha yes, that would seem like the most logical option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Hate to blow your bubbles bud...but it ain't happenin for Pens........
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 07-05-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar

Say what!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    If you dont like it, dont watch it!

The more people watch T20, the more T20 will be played.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Just hang in there mate..Just one more match left..then its back to good old test cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

etc.

Very excited for Tests again though.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Regular
    I've been completely off Cricket (and onto Golf) for a month or two, myself. I haven't seen more than a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup, and I'm happy about that. That minute was a short highlight of Clarke being dismissed on the news, this morning.

The problem is, it won't go away. I have to suffer because of some bloody Indian's (not being racist) and other idiots who want to watch some quick hacks for entertainment.

I wish it'd all go away as well, but quite frankly, we can't do anything about it. When it's watched, it's played.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    I've been completely off Cricket (and onto Golf) for a month or two, myself. I haven't seen more than a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup, and I'm happy about that. That minute was a short highlight of Clarke being dismissed on the news, this morning.

The problem is, it won't go away. I have to suffer because of some bloody Indian's (not being racist) and other idiots who want to watch some quick hacks for entertainment.

I wish it'd all go away as well, but quite frankly, we can't do anything about it. When it's watched, it's played.
    Disagree entirely.

You mentioned it yourself, you watched a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup. Why does it bother you if it hardly disrupts your routine? Everyone has the choice of how much Twenty20 cricket to pay attention too. The population of Australia is almost hidden from the format, World Cupís played in early morning, IPL played in the middle of the night on a channel not everyone has access too, KFC Big Bash only shown on pay-TV. You almost have to make a serious effort to catch the format in Australia.

Twenty20 cricket, like all sport, is a form of entertainment. Funny how numerous people find it entertaining.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Jake, while you might not mean any offense by it, a statement like this could easily be interpreted as a slight towards a whole nationality, so please avoid it in the future.

Are these the same Indians who asked Australia for more Tests?

You've got your head in the sand if you don't think that every single board in the world isn't looking for a way onto the Twenty20 gravy train (see CL).
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

What in the holy ****?

There's no apostrophe in 'Indians'
    Last edited by Jono; 20-05-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

U19 Debutant
    20/20 gets so boring after a while. they have made it so easy for the batsmen to hit sixes. In ODI or a test hitting a six is a special thing, but in 20/20 its nothing, even the commentators get bored if you notice, they dont comment as much

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information