• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I would take Gambhir, Sachin, Viru, Laxman, Dravid, and Dhoni over the Pakistani lineup without thinking twice.
Such an Indian pov.

You probably have plenty of batsman capable of taking those guys places (Sachin and Dravid the only real exceptions). But how many match-winning bowlers do you really have?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really dont rate Hilfenhaus - he basically only moves it one way and it goes early

Was a better bowler before he got injured prior to playing test cricket IMO

Athlai

Not Terrible
Such an Indian pov.

You probably have plenty of batsman capable of taking those guys places (Sachin and Dravid the only real exceptions). But how many match-winning bowlers do you really have?
lol he was referring to the earlier post about the top 6s. Which was a reply to SS calling for India and Pakistan to combine so they could poach the better attack.

Good call.

NasserFan207

lol he was referring to the earlier post about the top 6s. Which was a reply to SS calling for India and Pakistan to combine so they could poach the better attack.

Good call.
Fair enough

Why the hell does Umar bat below two rookies at five?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another question. When's the earliest in a test that Aus have had their first innings overtaken? I'm guessing that it's never happened before tea on Day 1.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, would like to see a World XI series against India with Asif and Steyn sharing the new ball just for the epic lulz.

Sir Alex

Banned
Haha, would like to see a World XI series against India with Asif and Steyn sharing the new ball just for the epic lulz.
It depends on the pitch too and conditions. Steyn can be gun on any pitch but Asif hmm... Also our batting attack has score big more than capitulated against strong attacks recently. I think you are underselling our lineup substantially.

Faisal1985

I would take Gambhir, Sachin, Viru, Laxman, Dravid, and Dhoni over the Pakistani lineup without thinking twice.
Without even thinking once....

That batting line up with Pak bowling lineup exception Bhajji over Kaneria or Ajmal.......= Best Test Team in the world ATM....

Teja.

Global Moderator
It depends on the pitch too and conditions. Steyn can be gun on any pitch but Asif hmm... Also our batting attack has score big more than capitulated against strong attacks recently. I think you are underselling our lineup substantially.
EDIT:- On a pitch with movement. Yeah, I guess it was an overstatement, but nevertheless it'd be amazing to watch those two together against quality opposition.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think you're being a bit rose-tinted there. The ball was curving a bucketload. Of all the dismissals, I would only call Clarke's truly spineless.
Rank stupid is perhaps a more apt description. They were playing across the line when the ball is moving about, late. Seven batsmen lbw/bowled in 33.1 overs. May as well just stepped to leg and said 'here see if you can hit the stumps'.

Spark

Global Moderator
Rank stupid is perhaps a more apt description. They were playing across the line when the ball is moving about, late. Seven batsmen lbw/bowled in 33.1 overs. May as well just stepped to leg and said 'here see if you can hit the stumps'.
Which is almost what Clarke did. Yeah, they were rank stupid but they needed good balls in the most part to get them out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well, just like they have these World XIs and stuff....i would love to see an IndoPak XI...surely would be world beaters...
There was actually a match in 1996 which India-Pakistan joint played v Sri Lanka ahead of the world cup in Sri Lanka to show it is a safe country to travel to when West Indies and Australia refused to travel to Sri Lanka.

1932-47 they were the same team as well. Some of the stories from that era's player's bondings after separation in the series they played is part of folklore. I have an Indian Cricket from the 50s or some thing (India's version of Wisden) which has extracts about one of those tours. I treasure that book.

Last edited: