Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Feature : Eleven things I hate about the IPL

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    TBH, it would be silly if players weren't fiercely competitive. Nationality doesn't really come into it.

The worst thing about the IPL is the trivialization and commercialization of the "moments" that make cricket a great sport - a Sachin cover-drive or a Warne flipper being reduced to a "Citi Moment of Success" is pathetic. We don't get to see Federer's forehand winners in Wimbledon being referred to as a "Rolex Winner" or a brilliant Messi goal in the Champions League called a "Vodafone WonderGoal" or anything of that sort. Preserve the sanctity of the sport, FFS.

Isn't there already a hating on IPL thread?

On the whole I like the IPL, but really wish they wouldn't have the ads during the overs
    Last edited by Jono; 31-03-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Haha, loved your paragraphs about DLF maximums and Citi moments of success. Nicely put.

The ultimate irony is the more people hate on the Citi moments of succees, and Karbonn Kamaal catch... the more exposure these brands get.

Yes there are a lot of annoying things about the IPL and am a bit concerned that Modi will try and make it much longer, but it's a hell of a lot better than Danoz Direct late at night and the IPL thread is good value too. Great title though.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    The ultimate irony is the more people hate on the Citi moments of succees, and Karbonn Kamaal catch... the more exposure these brands get.
    Negative exposure isn't that great you know
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Proof reading, pl0x.
    orz

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    have to agree on 10 and to disagree on this Over-enthusiasm from players
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

There is a thin line between being competitive and being an ass. Mahela was being an ass. Imagine if Ishant does that to Tendulkar or say Dhoni does it to Kumble. Mahela was way over the top when he hit that six, I would have tolerated that behavior against anyone but Murali of all people. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Negative exposure isn't that great you know
    Explain to me how Citi Bank are receiving negative exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by gvenkat View Post
    There is a thin line between being competitive and being an ass. Mahela was being an ass. Imagine if Ishant does that to Tendulkar or say Dhoni does it to Kumble. Mahela was way over the top when he hit that six, I would have tolerated that behavior against anyone but Murali of all people. Come on.
    So you're picking and choosing someone's behaviour, which has nothing to do with the IPL.

McGrath onces pushed Hayden during a domestic ODI match. Ford Ranger cup is no worse a tournament because people who play on one team for some of their career are against it in another tournament

Banned
    The advertising has hit a new low. Such a pity considering the cricket has been quality and engrossing generally.

The numbness caused by the commercials was so much that I found myself getting up at odd hours to catch some test cricket between the trans tasmanian rivals. It was like being on a water only diet to flush out the poison after an all night liquor binge.

Definitely the ads during the overs and multiple time outs have been the worst bit of this year's IPL,

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    The time outs I dont understand, they huddle and the captain is like "Alright guys, Tendulkar is starting to hit us around, lets get him out. Ok?" Then the team is like "Oh, didnt think of that, good plan."

The ads I dont mind, what else would we be watching for those 3 seconds? The bowler walking back to his mark?
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

when cricket was on public tv here in NZ there was an ad after every over and an ad after the fall of every wicket. Surely people have experienced this before or atleast my generatation should be well use to it. (maybe even numb to it). I dont know what cricket is like on sky at the moment cause I dont have it, but Id expect it to be similar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information