• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left out of Cricket?

Dissector

International Debutant
There was a great one in Cricinfo around a decade back which IIRC claimed that statisticians had found a way to adjust Bradman's average to 100 after all. Got me quite excited for a few moments.:laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In March 2010, the band announced plans to launch a re-working of MmmBop - entitled 'RavBop' in tribute to Indian Premier League star Ravi Bopara.
:laugh: Come on now, who's responsible for that?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a great one in Cricinfo around a decade back which IIRC claimed that statisticians had found a way to adjust Bradman's average to 100 after all. Got me quite excited for a few moments.:laugh:
cricinfo were at it again yesterday, claiming that Michael Yardy had been recalled to the England 2020 side.

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Life on Limbrick, I'd imagine - or LOL as he should hereafter be known
I didn't do the wiki edit, infact I didn't have time to spread the ridiculous story much.

From my cyber Dick Tracey work, a Kings XI punjab fan saw the story and joined a Hanson Forum (populated by teenage girls) and asked for some verification there.

This lead to some histeria from the fans, so I'm guessing one of them updated the wiki, it has been returned to normal now!

Also it was removed from the forum, which is moderated by the band (or their people).

So although the story didn't quite make it into the Tulsa Times, the Essex Echo or the Punjab People, Im quite proud that the band involved were aware of it.

Not bad for a blog about a disorganised cricket team, without even a catching cradle to their name, from the northwest of England.

Ravbop