• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tendulkar vs Ponting Thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I strongly object to this accusation. I always paint the Brazilian flag inside my mate's arse. and I allow only the Senegalese flag inside mine. Japanese flag? No way!!

50 test centuries is a big big deal, dude. no one has ever been there. and we may not see too many people getting there in our lifetimes.

In fact, you should appreciate the special occasion and join the fun. Please turn around and let me work on your fanny.
:laugh: You made me burst with laughter...that too in office

And yes, 50 test centuries IS a big deal, perhaps akin to Grace's 100 FC centuries.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
The difference between their averages is now more than 3 points. Ponting now has competition from Hussey than Sachin.

kingjulian

U19 12th Man
I love the bitterness in this thread.

Why is it that the little **** still playing and why is he playing well proving all my theories wrong day after day?

**** my life...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
well........................

actually, i have nothing new to add.... other than drawing your attention to the fact that sachin scored his fourth century in SA yesterday and now he averages above 40 in all test playing nations. pretty neat stat to have, imo.
Not appropriate for this thread, kindly move to the *unofficial* Tendulkar vs Sobers thread

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's not Tendulkar i don't rate, it's more the fact his fans run into the bushes and paint Japanese flags inside eachother's arses every time he breaks another record.
If they're painting Japanese flags inside each other, they should probably get their "equipment" checked for blood in the scrotum. :blink:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I strongly object to this accusation. I always paint the Brazilian flag inside my mate's arse. and I allow only the Senegalese flag inside mine. Japanese flag? No way!!

50 test centuries is a big big deal, dude. no one has ever been there. and we may not see too many people getting there in our lifetimes.

In fact, you should appreciate the special occasion and join the fun. Please turn around and let me work on your fanny.
^ Greatest comeback since Rocky for mine :laugh:

bagapath

International Captain
Ricky Ponting | The Ashes

always believed ponting would be rated alongside miandad, border. dravid, kallis and steve waugh as a great batsman (and below richards, tendulkar, lara, gavaskar, g.chappell). these ashes losses are unnecessarily sullying his image as a cricketer. hope history remembers that ricky ponting had a stellar career for 15 years and was the best batsman in the world for three of those.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ABC Grandstand right now are going into why Sachin is playing better than Ponting right now, and how a big factor is simply that Sachin is enjoying his cricket a lot more than Ponting.

No captaincy pressure for one, team is doing better another, and Sachin isn't getting frustrated with umpires, selection issues etc.

They were suggesting he could very easily play til 40.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ABC Grandstand right now are going into why Sachin is playing better than Ponting right now, and how a big factor is simply that Sachin is enjoying his cricket a lot more than Ponting.

No captaincy pressure for one, team is doing better another, and Sachin isn't getting frustrated with umpires, selection issues etc.

They were suggesting he could very easily play til 40.
Jinxing ****s. :@

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
They said Sachin wasn't enjoying cricket when he was going through a bad phase. So don't know what, if anything, this whole "enjoying cricket" thing really means. :unsure:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Chicken or Egg.

Does a batsman play poorly because he's not enjoying his cricket or does he not enjoy his cricket because he's playing poorly?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They said Sachin wasn't enjoying cricket when he was going through a bad phase. So don't know what, if anything, this whole "enjoying cricket" thing really means. :unsure:
I heard the whole thing actually..they said they get the impression from Ponting that he is not enjoying his cricket whereas Tendulkar is enjoying it as much as he was when he started playing cricket

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Chicken or Egg.

Does a batsman play poorly because he's not enjoying his cricket or does he not enjoy his cricket because he's playing poorly?
nope its not chicken or egg. If you're scorings runs, you're enjoying cricket no matter how old you are..its only when you dont perform that you start not enjoying it