• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi The Cheat Strikes again

Sir Alex

Banned
I suppose this raises the hypothetical about what would happen if, when the umps make one of their regular inspections of the condition of the ball, they saw what appeared to be human teeth marks in the leather but the camera hadn't picked up the culprit?

After Ovalgate it'd be a brave umpire to make any sort of call based on the condition of the ball alone.

I'm assuming a five-run penalty wasn't imposed in today's game either? If not one wonders exactly what players would need to do to incur it.
No relevance. Unless it can be conclusively proven like today's case that a wilful tampering was done by a team to alter the ball's condition, it is fair to press charges. What happened at Oval was colossal mis judgement by Hair.

However i agree completely as to the stupid 5 run rule.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The best bit about the video is how Rana Naved glanced up, saw what he was doing, then looked down and held his hand out to get the ball back.

"See no evil..."

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
None of my business really but is Shahid Afridi Muslim? Cricket balls are covered in pig's leather and surely aren't halal.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Does he not realize that there are cameras on the field? Same thing with this pitch incident. Totally hilarious. Makes no sense, he has got to be the stupidest person playing international cricket. He's going to be the next captain of Pakistan too. :laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is nothing short of incredible. Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen. After the pitch tampering incident to go out and do this. Wow, much love Shahid, doing yourself proud. Two 202/20's is a complete joke for something this blatant though.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The guy has not had a normal life, he made his international debut at the age of 16.
At the age of 16 what where you doing, probably at school or college.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The guy has not had a normal life, he made his international debut at the age of 16.
At the age of 16 what where you doing, probably at school or college.
Yeah, they teach you about the food groups at college - carbs, proteins, fats, and cricket ball.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am not surprised, though it is unusual. Its actually and interesting question, what would a Pakistani player have to do to suprise me?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No relevance. Unless it can be conclusively proven like today's case that a wilful tampering was done by a team to alter the ball's condition, it is fair to press charges. What happened at Oval was colossal mis judgement by Hair.

However i agree completely as to the stupid 5 run rule.
You might disagree, but I don't see how you can say it's of "no relevance". The question I was trying to raise is how blatantly does a ball's condition have to be altered before an umpire can now intervene?

Common sense would suggest that bite marks would be sufficient evidence alone, regardless of support from the tv cameras. However, such is the sensitivity suurrounding the subject now, I'm skeptical if any umpire would step in unless there was video evidence.