• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Luke Pomersbach... wow son. You are insane!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
.08 or .8?

2 hit and runs, a dui, pushing a policeman through a window, and a failed escape could only have been made worse if he had injured someone - guy must've been completely pole-axed

Craig

World Traveller
He won't do jail time because of his profile, he'll get a slap on the wrist probably.

His contract will no doubt be torn up though. What an idiot :laugh:
How many cricket fans outside of Australia would know who he is? He's hardly Ricky Ponting or Shane Warne. If he doesn't go to jail, I'm guessing that it is a first offence thing, but that is some pretty serious charges. It's one thing to do all that, but another to shove a cop.

Polo23

International Debutant
How many cricket fans outside of Australia would know who he is? He's hardly Ricky Ponting or Shane Warne. If he doesn't go to jail, I'm guessing that it is a first offence thing, but that is some pretty serious charges. It's one thing to do all that, but another to shove a cop.
Don't see how people outside of Australia knowing him or not is relevant. His profile in Australia is very high regardless.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. I don't think he'll do jail time, even though he probably should.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
A welcome change from pissing on his coach's car.

Can't see him doing time, but he's going to have a lengthy break before playing for WA again.

Craig

World Traveller
Don't see how people outside of Australia knowing him or not is relevant. His profile in Australia is very high regardless.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. I don't think he'll do jail time, even though he probably should.
You know this how? Only cricket fans know who he is.

pup11

International Coach
Has been on a rampage... and not the run-scoring type. Have always been a Pomersbach fan, but when I saw the headline, I thought "No, it couldn't be him..."
Such a shame, always thought he had the talent to make it big, but it seems like he is bit of a douche as he seems to have clearly not learned from his previous mistakes, and this could definitely put a pause on his cricket career.

He kind of reminds me of a young Ponting, who had similar disciplinary problems, but he was good enough to overcome those issues and concentrate on his game and career.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Obviously England's ploy to lose the Ashes and gain a number 3?

Cricket will be all the poorer for getting rid of fellows like this, Symonds, and Ryder.. Who wants a game where we are stuck with 11 Michael Clarkes?

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He kind of reminds me of a young Ponting, who had similar disciplinary problems, but he was good enough to overcome those issues and concentrate on his game and career.
Getting clocked at the Bourbon and Beefsteak is one thing, being so thoroughly schtonkered you hit two cars, get pinched at your house then do a runner, assaulting a copper in the process, is quite another. One is douchebaggery, the other is literally criminal.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus wept. Don't really know a lot about Pomersbach (aside from having the best name for an Aussie cricketer), but that's properly mental. His thought process mechanism must be buggered. Even if you're seriously bladdered assaulting (or even laying hands onto) a copper must never seem like a good idea.

Inglis always seemed a fairly level headed sort of a lad tho. At least from the outside looking in, as it were.

Burgey

.08 or .8?

2 hit and runs, a dui, pushing a policeman through a window, and a failed escape could only have been made worse if he had injured someone - guy must've been completely pole-axed
>.08 I think.

Simon

Heard his contract will be torn up.
WA don't have much options in batting do they,mitch marsh?:happy:
Would be a bad move in both a cricketing point of view and for the guy himself if they tore up his contract. What do they do then just throw him on the street and let him end up a grade A crim? I think the better move is indefinite suspension provide him with all the counselling etc... he needs and then look at getting him on the field when his head is together.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be a bad move in both a cricketing point of view and for the guy himself if they tore up his contract. What do they do then just throw him on the street and let him end up a grade A crim? I think the better move is indefinite suspension provide him with all the counselling etc... he needs and then look at getting him on the field when his head is together.
Always find it funny that these guys get counselling when this sort of thing happens. "Don't worry folks...he's getting counselling, it'll all be ok in the end". Meanwhile the player looks contrite in front of the media and goes through the counselling process as it's better than the alternative, which is his career ending. I'm always amazed that this realisation only comes to some of these blokes when it's vocalised after the incident occurs.

Of course, it's possible there were extenuating circumstances, but here's some counselling - Don't be a ****ing idiot.

On the other hand, it must be wonderful being a psychologist these days. So many opportunities.

Top_Cat

Always find it funny that these guys get counselling when this sort of thing happens. "Don't worry folks...he's getting counselling, it'll all be ok in the end". Meanwhile the player looks contrite in front of the media and goes through the counselling process as it's better than the alternative, which is his career ending. I'm always amazed that this realisation only comes to some of these blokes when it's vocalised after the incident occurs.

Of course, it's possible there were extenuating circumstances, but here's some counselling - Don't be a ****ing idiot.

On the other hand, it must be wonderful being a psychologist these days. So many opportunities.
You missed your calling.