• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quality innings

Amazing what happens when you pick a guy with years of consistent performances behind him

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah North. :) Absolutely fantastic and he's made myself and some mates quite a bit of money. Once more.

I really like his technique in this Australian lline-up. I think it's really important to have players with different techniques in your side, and too many Australian players want to push hard down the ground. North has been sublime square of the wicket and it's really made a difference.

If Johnson and Siddle can hang in there, North could make a big one. Heck, Johnson could make a big one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
North's innings has been one of the most impressive Australian debut innings in recent times, it's been:

- done against the best fast bowling side in the world
- done in bowling friendly conditions
- done away from home
- done with the match very much in the balance
And as far as I can remember it's been chanceless? Seriously, if Ponting had played this innings it would be one of his best ever.

Briony

International Debutant
This is getting somewhat frustrating to watch.

Problem for SA is that apart from Steyn their attack is reasonably ordinary even if Ntini can bowl the odd pearler. Their record at bowling at the tail is appalling. Even struggled against Bangladesh in SA on at least one occasion.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
So a first choice spinner cant bowl to a tail-ender because he's left-handed but a bastman can? :wacko:
Well neither are going to be particularly effective on this deck, I can see why Smith would want to go for the one that's going to take it away from the batsmen, especially Johnson who does like to go for his drives.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome awesome awesome awesome!

Great to see North get a ton on debut and go Mitchell Johnson!

I hope they take 3 or 4 quick wickets now when they eventually bowl. Just wish I could watch it!

Woodster

International Captain
Well neither are going to be particularly effective on this deck, I can see why Smith would want to go for the one that's going to take it away from the batsmen, especially Johnson who does like to go for his drives.
Yes I don't think it's a bad move to give Duminy some overs. As you say, turning the ball away from someone like Johnson is probably going to cause more problems than Harris turning it into him.