• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting attacks Gavaskar and Kumble

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, basically if you read that article he is only stating fact about Gavaskar. And I can't see how he's 'attacking' Kumble.

krkode

State Captain
Good to see Ponting concentrating on the upcoming tests against the kiwis.
I was thinking this too... in the past people have often criticized subcontinent (especially Indian) players of losing focus on the game by living "film star lifestyles", so to speak, what with the dozens of TV ads, functions, etc. which escalated some more during the IPL. Now we see a diversion of a new kind among the Aussies with all the autobiographies, captain's diaries, etc. stirring up unnecessary drama and diverting focus. Oh well.:dry:

I still thought Gavaskar was kind of hilarious during India's tour of Australia, though. You could sense how absolutely pissed off he was with the way he conducted himself in the commentary box. "The bat is a silent bat, Baba!"

Last edited:

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Books Gone Diaries Galore Akram was not far off the mark when he called Hayden a Sore Loser. Ponting wont disappoint Akram either.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Looks like the Indians have really really got under the Aussie team's skins!! A day before the test with the Kiwis and the muppet is still thinking about them. :)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Ponting concentrating on the upcoming tests against the kiwis.
Heh, but to be fair he probably 'wrote' the book a while ago. I'm not seeing the knock on Anil either. Another boring autobiography coming through then.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like the Indians have really really got under the Aussie team's skins!! A day before the test with the Kiwis and the muppet is still thinking about them. :)
As opposed to Harby, who was still talking about Ponting in the middle of an ODI series v England?

Thread title's very misleading. Can someone point out where Ponting's had a go at Kumble in the article?

Anyway, Gavaskar's a putz. He's India's answer to Neil Harvey and deserves everything he gets back.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If Ponting wrote this in his Tour Diary, I wonder why is it an issue also who is making these diaries public ?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Ponting wrote this in his Tour Diary, I wonder why is it an issue also who is making these diaries public ?
Following on from the Steve Waugh and previous Australian Captains, Ponting has released his 2008 Captains Diary as a book (Somewhat edited I'd imagine though).

R_D

International Debutant
Didn't say anything about Kumble and he's probaly right about past crickters as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine if he'd said "Sachin didn't time every single ball he faced over the enitre series".

There'd be a break down in international relations over so vicious an "attack".