• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can SA topple Australia ?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't want to sound like a ****, but I didn't even bother reading it because there's been so much discussion about it on CW lately. Probably could've chosen a topic that was a little more 'fresh'

pasag

RTDAS
I don't want to sound like a ****, but I didn't even bother reading it because there's been so much discussion about it on CW lately. Probably could've chosen a topic that was a little more 'fresh'
Um, front page articles have nothing to do with what has been discussed on CW. They're posted on here as an afterthought, their main purpose isn't for the forum.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, I read it anyway.

Agree with the conclusion, but I still struggle to believe that the home series will be anything other than a slight inconvenience for Australia. SA's bowling really doesn't convince me and Morkel isn't a test 8's bottom, frankly.

Perm

Um, front page articles have nothing to do with what has been discussed on CW. They're posted on here as an afterthought, their main purpose isn't for the forum.
Yeah, I realise there isn't a direct link between the two, but I reckon a vast majority of people who post on the forums would also read the features written on the front page. So if the article is about something that's been discussed at length there may not be as much interest in it. Just my opinion.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, I realise there isn't a direct link between the two, but I reckon a vast majority of people who post on the forums would also read the features written on the front page. So if the article is about something that's been discussed at length there may not be as much interest in it. Just my opinion.
Right, but as I said, the forummers aren't the target audience.

Woodster

International Captain
I appreciate that is your opinion and you are perfectly enititled to it. However, in my eyes, the fact that so much discussion has taken place on this subject, to me suggests it is an area of great interest to people and therefore makes a decent subject to cover as most people will have a genuine interest in it.

You say there has been too much discussion on it and therefore you didn't even bother to read it, which again is your prerogative, but you must also realise the impossibility in covering a topic that entertains the entire cricketing community. I can assure you the closer the series gets, the more other writers on other websites will be writing about it, so if that is the case, the best idea for you may be to avert your eyes from cricket coverage until the conclusion of the contest.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they can. Their batting is on par, and spin bowling is better than ours. Just lucky that England steal a lot of their players :laugh: :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think they can. Their batting is on par, and spin bowling is better than ours. Just lucky that England steal a lot of their players :laugh: :ph34r:
Yup can see the Aussies pissing their pants just at the thought of facing Paul Harris.

Perm

I appreciate that is your opinion and you are perfectly enititled to it. However, in my eyes, the fact that so much discussion has taken place on this subject, to me suggests it is an area of great interest to people and therefore makes a decent subject to cover as most people will have a genuine interest in it.

You say there has been too much discussion on it and therefore you didn't even bother to read it, which again is your prerogative, but you must also realise the impossibility in covering a topic that entertains the entire cricketing community. I can assure you the closer the series gets, the more other writers on other websites will be writing about it, so if that is the case, the best idea for you may be to avert your eyes from cricket coverage until the conclusion of the contest.
Yeah, fair enough. Was a fairly negative comment, but I thought others may possibly have felt the same way as me so I decided to post it.

Anyway, I just read the article and it was alright. A different angle would have made it more interesting, but it wasn't poor.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Disagree with just about every comment made in this thread.. Paul Harris isn't a bad spinner, and SA are going to get an absolute trouncing..

Burgey

Disagree with just about every comment made in this thread.. Paul Harris isn't a bad spinner, and SA are going to get an absolute trouncing..
Not so sure about the latter. Australia have Ponting injured atm, and Hayden's achilles tendon is really slow to heal. Who knows how Australia's top order will look by the time the 1st SA test rolls around? The third quick spot is also very much up in the air.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Paul Harris was a great source of amusement for my cricket team during the England tour. We all kept wondering how the hell someone who can't bowl or bat gets selected in a test team!

He is woeful.

And S.A are going to get completely smashed in Aussie.

Uppercut

Paul Harris was a great source of amusement for my cricket team during the England tour. We all kept wondering how the hell someone who can't bowl or bat gets selected in a test team!

He is woeful.

And S.A are going to get completely smashed in Aussie.
Kevin Pietersen was probably thinking the same when he hit the ball straight to AB de Villiers at mid-on. That was a great source of amusement for me :p

subshakerz

International Coach
I'm a bit at a loss at all this talk over South Africa getting trounced. South Africa didn't exactly get smashed to bits last time they came. This time, they come with a more mature captain, an in-form batting lineup, a better pace attack and impressive recent track record, and will face an aging Aussie lineup without McGrath and Warne. I can't see anything but a close series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

He is woeful.
There are many as mediocre or worse. It's truly bizarre how many people seem to have come to the conclusion that he's some sort of worst bowler ever based on the England series.

Harris is demonstration that SA are for the most part best-served going in with all-seam attacks but there is no better spinner in the country and it's pretty debateable that there's been any better since readmission - only Symcox would have a case.