• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This team will thrash both Aus & Ind...

Butt
Jamshed
Younis
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Akmal
Tanvir
Akhtar
Gul
Maybe, but by the time they get on the field again, it looks like they'll all be in their 40s.

Burgey

Aye. Good fun.

Still think it's sad how little cricket Pakistan is playing ATM.

ret

International Debutant
2 off 44 is pretty painful for the rest of the team too. Dravid hates opening, hasn't he said so?
against Delhi, Dravid should be made to open to test his form out .... Laxman should bat at 3, Tendulkar at 4 and then Kaif

these guys should take up the responsibility of putting up a good score and getting themselves in the right groove for the series against Australia

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Hussey did very well against India last winter, didn't he average almost 50? I'm not interested in how many tests either of them have played or the achievements they have under their belts. If i was to bet on who's going to score more runs in a match tomorrow, my money would be on Hussey. IMO Tendulkar's a very overrated batsman, Hussey's a very underrated batsman.

I'm hesitating to compare Laxman and Symonds, because i'm not sure Symonds will be there.
actually he averaged 48,but do not just look at stats,he struggled throughout the series
and his high average was due to 145 not out in the innings where he should have been gi ven out for 35 as he nicked the ball but bucknor was sleeping:sleep:

and if you are expecting hussey to play a major role against the indian bowling attack
you are expecting too much.

as i said the series is easy to call-
1-hayden has a great series-aussie win
2-hayden has a average/poor series-india win

howardj

International Coach
Dravid is a terrible opener, and should not open, as he himself has came out and said he dislikes it in the past. Jaffer is a good batsmen on low, slow pitches, in Pakistan and India. He has made a few scores there, and if he plays this series, that's what I expect again.

So what do you Cricket Webbers think Australia's line up should look like? With spinning pitches, and low bounce, I think we need a front line spinner in our line ups.

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Symonds/Watson
7. Haddin
8. Noffke/Spinner
9. Lee
10. Clark
11. Bollinger

However I am not sure what spinner to include, because Casson is young, and inexperienced, as is Dan Cullen. I am leaning towards giving Bryce McGain one series while the younger spinners develop further. If Symonds goes, and plays, it is possible to name Ashley Noffke in the side, and have Symonds and Clarke doing the spinning. Simon Katich is another possible option, batting from 6 (or opening, 3 or 5 - he is very versatile) and prociding some handy spinners.
McGain instead of Noffers; and Watson at six. Otherwise, spot on.

McGain took 3/51 off 17 in the Aus A tour match and has a good Pura Cup record in Australia (better than Warne's I'd dare say).

Uppercut

actually he averaged 48,but do not just look at stats,he struggled throughout the series
and his high average was due to 145 not out in the innings where he should have been gi ven out for 35 as he nicked the ball but bucknor was sleeping:sleep:

and if you are expecting hussey to play a major role against the indian bowling attack

48 is not nearly 50?

I have to accept though, it's physically impossible for any player other than the 36 year old opener who might not even be fit to have any impact on the result of the series. Oh how i wish cricket wasn't so gosh darn predictable...

pasag

RTDAS

I don't remember him struggling as such though, like yer Ponting's or Dravid's.

Also, I don't think it's too much to expect one of our best Test batsmen and one of the best in the world to have a major role in this series.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Would like to see this team:

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Katich
Haddin
Noffke/Bollinger/McGain (obviously Bollinger down the order if he's picked)
Lee
Johnson
Clark

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
McGain took 3/51 off 17 in the Aus A tour match.
From all reports those figures really flattered him.

I reckon the Pura Cup Final is a much better indicator of his abilities.

Attempting to struggle through this thread, but it is indeed a struggle.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
48 is not nearly 50?

I have to accept though, it's physically impossible for any player other than the 36 year old opener who might not even be fit to have any impact on the result of the series. Oh how i wish cricket wasn't so gosh darn predictable...
get over stats man,if you wa6tched the series he struggled in all innings he scored
145 in one knock where he should have given out and rest 5 knocks he managed only 130
runs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
lol @ this thread already.

I am too tipping Hussey for a big impact, I think he's Australia's best batsman atm.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This thread is going to explode at the first sign of a dodgy umpiring decision, one thinks

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not even going to read the thread. I hope it's in, but as of right now, I think it's a bilateral decision of the boards. I'm sure India will be for it considering what happened in Australia, but I think it would then depend on whether the two sides can work out acceptable rules for it to be used.

pasag

RTDAS
According to this there's a meeting today so who knows, maybe they'll just implement it fully and save everyone the trouble. Knowing these meetings though they'll probably just argue the whole time and not get anything done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will the referral system be in by then? I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but it's absurd to have some Tests with, some without.
Well I think it was just a one-off trial, so we'll see, I guess. Did it work well, I didn't see any of the India-SL series?