• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry, I have not been around this forum for very long, and would like to know what is your problem with Phil Jaques?
Don't mind Pup, he's just one of the Ja(c)ques spelling Nazis on the forum. Same with the Clark/Clarke thing.

Get a life or a girlfriend, all of you. Please.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Any thoughts on a possible Indian squad for the Bangalore test.

My squad would be
Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kaif
DHoni
Kumble
Bhajji
Zaheer
Ishant

12th Ojha
13th Munaf
14th Badrinath

irfan

State Captain
Any thoughts on a possible Indian squad for the Bangalore test.

My squad would be
Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kaif
DHoni
Kumble
Bhajji
Zaheer
Ishant

12th Ojha
13th Munaf
14th Badrinath
Agree with your first XI, but I'd replace Ojha with Chawla/Mishra and Munaf with RP/Sreesanth (unless both are injured)

Jakester1288

International Regular
His problem was with howardj's spelling of his name.
Oops, my bad. Still a legitimate post though, cause I broke off and covered multiple topics.

Nope, conditions in Pakistan may match to that of Mohali, may be. Otherwise esp during winter, it can vary significantly.
He still needs to prove himself amongst all conditions, he is Australia's opener, he needs to know how to bat in South Africa, India, Pakistan and England, as well as Australia because we have the majority of our tours here or in one of those country's.

Don't mind Pup, he's just one of the Ja(c)ques spelling Nazis on the forum. Same with the Clark/Clarke thing.

Get a life or a girlfriend, all of you. Please.
I need both. :(

But summer is coming in, which is great, more Cricket, can't be a bad thing!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Nath and a few others might not persist with this thread because of the way the India in Australia thread went. Hopefully this one won't go that way, though.
well.. tbh, there are still a fair balanced members either side, and I do think the trolls dont exactly outnumber them as yet...

I guess we all did get a bit carried away in that thread though.. :(

Uppercut

Can't believe Hodge could have fallen so far out of the reckoning. I imagine in ten years people will look at a list of the highest-averaging players and think: "Holy ****. Why did this guy not play more than six tests?"

Precambrian

Banned
Will they have the Review system for this series? I really hope so. Can avoid all sort of controversies which marred the last series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Will they have the Review system for this series? I really hope so. Can avoid all sort of controversies which marred the last series.
I hope not to be honest, especially for LBW's.

IF the batter has hit the ball I don't mind, but I don't like it on tight decisions.

Like if the ball is clipping leg stump, I really don't care if the umpire and the review system gave it not out.

Uppercut

I hope not to be honest, especially for LBW's.

IF the batter has hit the ball I don't mind, but I don't like it on tight decisions.

Like if the ball is clipping leg stump, I really don't care if the umpire and the review system gave it not out.
Yeah, but what if it's shown to have *just* pitched in line? Agree with it then?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, but what if it's shown to have *just* pitched in line? Agree with it then?
Just pitched in line and gone straight and just nicked the stump? No.

Just pitched in line and came in/out and hit middle or the inside of the leg or off stump? Yes.

Just pitched in line/just off line and just nicked the stump and not playing a shot? Yes.

Precambrian

Banned
Agree. LBW referrals should be streamlined,

Decision of 3rd umpire should be limited to whether bat was involved. Maybe the "pitched-in-line" aspect also can be checked.

Precambrian

Banned
Irani Trophy

Dravid to open alongwith Jaffer? HT says so.

It also says Ganguly was dropped to accomodate a 5th bowler.

NDTV says it was coach Gary Kirsten who wanted Ganguly out.

What's with SCG and coaches?

Uppercut

Irani Trophy

Remember the last time Dravid opened with Jaffer? For the love of God, no, never again. The most painful opening to a series since Steve Harmison's infamous wide.

ret

International Debutant
Remember the last time Dravid opened with Jaffer? For the love of God, no, never again. The most painful opening to a series since Steve Harmison's infamous wide.
painful from spectators PoV but in the Irani Trophy it would make sense as it is a nice opportunity to check Dravid's form and his suitability for the test series against Australia [vs someone like Kaif's for example]

Uppercut

painful from spectators PoV but in the Irani Trophy it would make sense as it is a nice opportunity to check Dravid's form and his suitability for the test series against Australia [vs someone like Kaif's for example]
2 off 44 is pretty painful for the rest of the team too. Dravid hates opening, hasn't he said so?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah and it'll be fun to watch the people who've given him crap for failing on other tours; "So what? He scored in one series. Big deal."
Haha, so true, if he averages 500 in this series, a few years down the line "Ponting wasn't as good as [blablabla] because up until October 2008 he averaged 12 in India, he's so **** and he looks like a ****in monkey!"

Agree with the last bit mind :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oops, my bad. Still a legitimate post though, cause I broke off and covered multiple topics.
Haha mate nobody said it wasn't legitimate! Stop talking about the quality of your posts every third post as other than that you're going okay (Y)

Jakester1288

International Regular
Irani Trophy

Dravid is a terrible opener, and should not open, as he himself has came out and said he dislikes it in the past. Jaffer is a good batsmen on low, slow pitches, in Pakistan and India. He has made a few scores there, and if he plays this series, that's what I expect again.

So what do you Cricket Webbers think Australia's line up should look like? With spinning pitches, and low bounce, I think we need a front line spinner in our line ups.

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Symonds/Watson
7. Haddin
8. Noffke/Spinner
9. Lee
10. Clark
11. Bollinger

However I am not sure what spinner to include, because Casson is young, and inexperienced, as is Dan Cullen. I am leaning towards giving Bryce McGain one series while the younger spinners develop further. If Symonds goes, and plays, it is possible to name Ashley Noffke in the side, and have Symonds and Clarke doing the spinning. Simon Katich is another possible option, batting from 6 (or opening, 3 or 5 - he is very versatile) and prociding some handy spinners.

Last edited:

itduzz

Banned
This team will thrash both Aus & Ind...

Butt
Jamshed
Younis
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Akmal