• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 or ODI?

Twenty20 or ODI

• Total voters

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
T20 > ODI for me but Test rules all.
Prepare to be bombarded about the countless other threads on the same topic we've had btw :)

gio

U19 Cricketer
ODIs are better than international Twenty20s. In contrast, I far prefer county Twenty20s to the Pro40 and the FP Trophy, probably because it's taken a lot more serious than at international level.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Odi's. 2020's are over too quickly and after a while you start not to appreciate sixes and fours because they happen so often

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I prefer T20 because ODIs almost always have a period of defensive captaincy and repeated singles down to third man after the powerplays end.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prepare to be bombarded about the countless other threads on the same topic we've had btw :)
Ya called it Stephen. :p

OD cricket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twenty20 cricket BTW. Twenty20 has never carried the slightest interest for me for any number of reasons.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Actually think this is a relevant topic as a lot of people seemed to have changed their minds about T20, starting with the T20 WC and then the IPL. And everyone raved about finals day last week.

Not voting, as am currently undecided. Would rather we won the ODI WC than the T20 one but there are things I prefer about T20, like the fact that I can get home from work, open a Guinness and watch the game from start to finish.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually think this is a relevant topic as a lot of people seemed to have changed their minds about T20, starting with the T20 WC and then the IPL. And everyone raved about finals day last week.

I agree its a relevant topic. Its ashame posters like Richard have to try and spoil threads like this because they don't like it. Can't see why he wouldn't just ignore it.

For the record - ODI's still > 20/20 for mine

Spinksy

Banned
Test matches > Twenty20's > One Day International's. Teast Matches **** all over both of those but I would have to say Twenty20's because of the excitement and how it draws large crowds. The atmosphere of it all is electric and is way better than One Day Internationals by far in my opinion. This may be a bit off topic but I think that it would be an excellent idea to have a test twenty20 game where each side is given 2 innings each which consist of only 20 overs, now that would be awsome, just like a One Day International but broken up into two different parts. Thoughts?

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
t20...gives the less talented/skilled team an opportunity to win. t20 requires positive tactics, gets done in 3 hours, so very convenient to watch a full match. match conditions are relatively equal for the duration of the match.

my biggest concern with t20 is making the boundaries shorter thus reducing the importance of running between the wickets, athletic "in the deep" fielding.

yes i am american, and yes test cricket is my favorite form.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ODIs are a tedious waste of time that fills no niche and are a comprimise in every regard. In addition the rules change every series and its a clear indication that it doesnt work.

Tests and T20 are pure sports that fit at either end of the cricket spectrum. They both test seperate skills and are quite different events.

ODIs are neither one thing or another.

Tests are the only really important format, T20 is an entertaining distraction that is 'cricket-lite' and ODIs are on their deathbed and outdated.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I agree its a relevant topic. Its ashame posters like Richard have to try and spoil threads like this because they don't like it. Can't see why he wouldn't just ignore it.
It's Twenty20, not the ODI-T2I comparison, that I don't like.

I just don't like repetetive threads. Yeah, people change their minds, but I won't ever be doing so. So I'll say "oh no not again" every time a new thread is posted.