• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vale Jane McGrath

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God, that's just awful news. I knew she was suffering from cancer, but had no idea it was terminal. That's the terrible, insidious nature of the illness tho, I suppose.

RIP. My thoughts with Glenn, their children & families. :(

Craig

World Traveller
Really sad to hear, it really is. I guess she will be remembered for having so much courage and bravery in her fight against cancer and we should be proud of that. Like Belinda Emmett a couple of years ago, I thought she was over it or a lot better. Guess I was wrong :(

Achtung Baby

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
My condolences to Glenn and his family. Really feel sorry for her kids.

I am 26 now and last year i lost my mother to CA. Still, i haven't been able to accept it or come out of it.
Glenn is mature and adult and somehow will get out of it.
But for the kids to grow with not their mother around is very sad. My heart goes out to them.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH I thought this thread was announcing the McGraths had a daughter, as I didn't immediately recognise that 'vale' meant farewell or passing. So was doubly shocked when I started reading this thread.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why the hell can't/coudn't I type the three capitals before this attempt? It keeps shifting to lower case when I click post
It's the anti-ALL CAPS filter, FTR. No post can be composed exclusively of CAPS. Just thought I'd mention.

funnygirl

State Regular
Shocking news .I didn't expect this to happen now .R I P.

Glenn ,i always respect the guy for the love and support he has given to her ,my prayers are with him and his family .

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
My heart goes out to Glenn. I hope he carries strong and I wish his wife peace.

fredfertang

Is it possible to treat this thread as some sort of book of condolence and forward it on to Glenn?

Having lost a close family member to the same evil condition I know that sort of thing means a lot especially in the immediate aftermath.

Of course there's nothing you can say other than rather trite tributes but that doesn't matter - it still means a lot to the recipient.

Perm

RIP.

Such a sad event, my thoughts are with Glenn McGrath and his family.