• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Here's one of my all time favourite innings, Kim Hughes 213 vs India, Adelaide 1980/81. One of the greatest underachievers in cricket, Kim would be in my top 5 batsmen who i'd want to watch in full flight, he was glorious, absolutely glorious. Even more stylish than Greg Chappell for me. Ponting has said he wanted to be Kim Hughes when he was younger, but he never copied that spanking cover drive on one knee!

YouTube - Kim Hughes 213 vs India 1980/81
Watched the first shot and nearly fell off my chair. Amazing footwork and elegance. Ive only watched the first min or so as I want to sit and savour the rest when the house is quiet. It is also a great reminder of how hard you had to hit the ball with the old bats and how much slower the ball came off the bat.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Seriously, Kim Hughes is wonderful, you gotta read his biography that came out last year, GREAT read, you cant help but marvel at his cricket mind and the way he wanted to play his cricket. Sure he was impatient a lot of times but he was so carefree and had such a brilliant style at the crease, i will attempt to upload so much more Kim Hughes.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Cant watch the video, says its private???

Whats happened to the cougar cricket site? I was on there for ages, now its just full of spam posts.
Knew I'd seen you somewhere!

I don't think Wang uploads vids anymore. That was a great site.
Thanks for letting me know, should be public now. Not sure about cougar cricket, i never posted there.

Seriously, I would love to see your room full of VHS tapes. I'd by a kid in a candy store :laugh:
Haha Leeman you're everywhere! (gillysbiggestfan (youtube)/Sean185 (accrossthetasman))

Good to see more people posting Aussie vids these days. I try and do my bit, but my dvd recorder doesn't work anymore and my computer is absolutely stuffed so I can't upload dvds (Got quite a few things I wanna upload like Ponting's 257 and highlights of the Bevan match in 02 and a few other innings).

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** you're here Sean? greaaaaat.

Quick question for you Rob (or anyone with good recall), am I correct in saying the Ricky Ponting catch that dismissed Dippenaar in this match was absolutely wonderful? I was looking through some Kallis scorecards before and saw Dippenaar's name and whenever I see his name I think back to this series where he got dismissed by a really good catch in the gully. If I'm right, could you upload the catch sometime?

edit: hahaha forgot Martyn took a wicket in that match. Fun times.

Oh and every single wicket Terry Alderman took in the 1981 and 1989 Ashes. kthx.

:ph34r:

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's a great Sachin knock, 100 vs Australia at Kanpur in 1998, one dayer.

YouTube - Sachin Tendulkar 100 vs Australia at Kanpur 1998
Wow that was some fearsome hitting, especially the last six off Lehmann. Tendulkar really terrorized the Aussies that summer. I remember he failed with the bat in only two out of all the Test and ODI matches India-Aus played that year, and in one of those he took a five-for with the ball. :happy:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
If anyone here (Robelinda??) has any footage of Gower's innings, I'd be ecstatically happy if you could post them up on YouTube. Not enough of him up there.

robelinda

If anyone here (Robelinda??) has any footage of Gower's innings, I'd be ecstatically happy if you could post them up on YouTube. Not enough of him up there.
Good call, got heaps of Gower, virtually all his tons. You are right, not much Gower on you tube.

Here's my latest upload, Steve Waugh's magnificent 200 vs West Indies, Jamaica 1995. The most epic innings ive ever seen, it was one truly amazing event to witness Australia beating WI in WI back then, it was just huge. Steve Waugh overnight became a national legend, went from a serviceable test batsman to one of the modern greats.

YouTube - Steve Waugh 200 vs West Indies Jamaica 1995

shashy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good call, got heaps of Gower, virtually all his tons. You are right, not much Gower on you tube.

Here's my latest upload, Steve Waugh's magnificent 200 vs West Indies, Jamaica 1995. The most epic innings ive ever seen, it was one truly amazing event to witness Australia beating WI in WI back then, it was just huge. Steve Waugh overnight became a national legend, went from a serviceable test batsman to one of the modern greats.

YouTube - Steve Waugh 200 vs West Indies Jamaica 1995
Yes! The greatest innings I have seen in my 25 years of watching cricket. Thank you so much :)

robelinda

Yes! The greatest innings I have seen in my 25 years of watching cricket. Thank you so much :)
To watch that 2nd and 3rd days play as we GROUND the WI into the dust on their home patch, was just so epic. The crowd, commentators, media, just couldnt believe we pulled it off with our 2nd string bowling attack, McGrath was magnificent in stepping up to the big time at the perfect time. Lara was kept pretty quiet all series, which was a huge achievement for us, as he was coming off the most spectacular few years, 375, 501* and all that stuff, it was a huge billed series, and when McDermott and Fleming got injured right before the 1st test most Aussies thought it was all over for us. But then came the might of Brendon Julian on day 1, god that was a rush that first session, incredible cricket. WI 3 down for 6, then Lara and Hooper went nuts, we ended up with a 10 wicket win, Healy was truly excellent in that 1st innings, his 74 just killed previous heartache vs WI, not to mention his 161* the followoing year vs WI- what a knock that was!

robelinda

Here's a beauty, Brian Lara's 132 vs Australia at Perth, 1996/97. Pretty spiteful match, lots of sledging, especially at Robert Samuels, at the request of Mark Taylor- he wasnt against some planned strategic sledging. Lara was in a bad mood all innings, took it out big time on us. Later on the pitch was unplayable, there was the Blewett grubber, and Ambrose bowling that huge over- 14 balls or something, trying to hurt Warnie with bouncer after bouncer after bouncer, and over stepping big time by a long way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWYdq6sz6wY

Found some Gower on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp7UqReWQ2c

Some Greg Chappell too 1977

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9ujsXsDhM

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Here's a beauty, Brian Lara's 132 vs Australia at Perth, 1996/97. Pretty spiteful match, lots of sledging, especially at Robert Samuels, at the request of Mark Taylor- he wasnt against some planned strategic sledging. Lara was in a bad mood all innings, took it out big time on us. Later on the pitch was unplayable, there was the Blewett grubber, and Ambrose bowling that huge over- 14 balls or something, trying to hurt Warnie with bouncer after bouncer after bouncer, and over stepping big time by a long way.

YouTube - Brian Lara 132 vs Australia 1996/97 Perth

Found some Gower on you tube

YouTube - David Gower 136 v Australia (Perth 1986/7)

Some Greg Chappell too 1977

YouTube - Greg Chappell 112 v England ( Ashes 1977 )
Awesome action at the WACA. I just love it when the players go on head to head and sledge it out on the field :p