• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Such a typical India's ODI of 90's - Tendulkar scores BULK of the runs (see the attached screenshot), rest of the batting keeps falling at the other end, Tendulkar keeps up with run rate, gets out somewhere in the middle overs, the rest cannot finish the job and Tendulkar takes blame for not being a match-winner :(
In some ways, his greatness became the millstone around his neck. With his batting heroics in the 90s, especially magnified by the mediocrity around him, he set the bar too high for himself. Despite the fact that he was an excellent bat even post 2000, the image paled in comparison to what he was in the 90s.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In some ways, his greatness became the millstone around his neck. With his batting heroics in the 90s, especially magnified by the mediocrity around him, he set the bar too high for himself. Despite the fact that he was an excellent bat even post 2000, the image paled in comparison to what he was in the 90s.
Agree. Talking of ODIs, he has been quite magnificent in last 2-3 years (notching up 3 scores of 150+ including a first ever double). Yet it's the 90's knock that evoke that fanboy emotion. It's partly due to the unbridled attacking style of 90's and partly the nostalgia of my teen days.

nikodas

Cricket Spectator
I really enjoyed the Kapil Dev video.. I was too young and don't remember any of the earlier matches when he was playing so it's nice to see them online :) Thanks!

karan316

State Vice-Captain
they were dancing against them or dancing with them? :ph34r:
They weren't able to handle the pace at all, Steyn, Morne Morkel, Tsotsotbe, Parnell,etc were too hot to handle for the other Indian batsmen on bouncy SA wickets,Yusuf was the only one who could give it back to them.
Smith himself said that he didn't knew what to do till Yusuf was on the pitch. He tore apart the SA bowling attack hitting 8 sixes and 8 fours to hit a 68 ball 100 on such a pitch against such a bowling lineup. That was the most awesome batting display I have ever seen.

nikodas

Cricket Spectator
That's something more of us Indian fans should be able to do! Watch any team play and enjoy the sport for the level of play rather than just for who's wining and losing! It makes sports much more rewarding I think!

karan316

State Vice-Captain
That's something more of us Indian fans should be able to do! Watch any team play and enjoy the sport for the level of play rather than just for who's wining and losing! It makes sports much more rewarding I think!
totally agree with you