• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do we have any current (or past) Firstclass cricketers on this forum??

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He called it.
it's rather fascinating reading this and seeing that 4-5 years ago he was surveying his options in terms of getting into first class cricket. He must've made a brave decision to move at some point and wow has it paid off. Things aren't so much of a gamble in rugby where you have the provincial teams that give contracts relatively easily and there's a small amount of security there without needing to take a big risk.

Good on him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah great to see him doing well! He seemed like a pretty nice bloke when he was here. Good on him.

JBMAC

State Captain
for those of you who have aspirations for greater things some words of wisdom(?)
1. Train hard: when the rest of the team "hit the showers" do another 30 mins .Physical fitness these days is far more important than it was in mine
2. LISTEN: A lot of players/coaches/and even Hangers on will step up to the wicket and tell you what you are doing wrong.(They never tell you what you are doing right) Take on board any advice given no matter how frivolous and USE what you think you need
3. Aim high: It is NOT good enough you say"well I want to play first Class cricket" You need to say "i am going to play Test Cricket'(Check my sig)
4. Aim for a good all-round game.If you are a batsman eg also develop good fielding technique/part time bowling(?) The mgreater your game skills are the more chance you have of higher selection.
5. Team Player: Don't look at yourself as the 2nd Bradman or Warne, you are a small cog in a bloody big wheel and all parts need to function at their best for team success

It's not going to happen overnight for you Ladies and Gentlemen.your success depends on YOU and how "You play up and play the game"

BTW.... Good Luck!