• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Roebuck

Chubb

International Regular
Not good to see this child-beater mouthing off about Flintoff's actions. He's got a lot of issues, and his ridiculous opinions aren't worth bothering with. I mean, there has never been any question about the action has there. He only wrote the piece to stir peoiple up before the ashes. I've always disliked his columns, always talking about how South Africans and aussies are "properly raised" and England's gone to the dogs. I have one sentence for Mr. Roebuck:

No one cares about your psychotic delusions!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find it odd that he gets so many lucrative contracts.
Not because I find him extraordinarily objectionable, but because so many people seem to and hiring someone so widely hated doesn't seem to be the best move!

Chubb

International Regular
I probably went a bit over the top but he really makes me angry. He's like a super-charged daily mail reader!

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
I find it odd that he gets so many lucrative contracts.
Not because I find him extraordinarily objectionable, but because so many people seem to and hiring someone so widely hated doesn't seem to be the best move!
newspapers like nothing more than a journo who stirs it up a bit

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He has a wonderful grasp of the English language. Pity he wraps it around ideas that are often misguided.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
newspapers like nothing more than a journo who stirs it up a bit
Only if they're controversial - not if they're someone who everyone hates all the time.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Only if they're controversial - not if they're someone who everyone hates all the time.
I imagine the Aussie public dont hate it when he is having a go at Englands premier allrounder :D

Chubb

International Regular
He's very similar to Peter Hitchens or Simon Heffer who write for the Mail, yes, they're good writers and they can stir people up (witness my reactions) but most of the stuff they write is nasty, venomus and vitriolic

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
I imagine the Aussie public dont hate it when he is having a go at Englands premier allrounder :D
Well, no, but I thought he'd recently secured an Indian contract.
India seems to be one of the places where Anglophobia is least present in the cricketing World.

archie mac

International Coach
Chubb said:
Not good to see this child-beater mouthing off about Flintoff's actions. He's got a lot of issues, and his ridiculous opinions aren't worth bothering with. I mean, there has never been any question about the action has there. He only wrote the piece to stir peoiple up before the ashes. I've always disliked his columns, always talking about how South Africans and aussies are "properly raised" and England's gone to the dogs. I have one sentence for Mr. Roebuck:

No one cares about your psychotic delusions!
I love his writing, at least he has something to say, I enjoyed his bio. he answers the first charge of this post, and many others including the rift with Botham, Richards and Garner.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've no idea about the outcome of the allegations, but wasn't he being investigated for child abuse circa about 2000? I presume that's what Chubb's reference refers to.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I love his writing, at least he has something to say, I enjoyed his bio. he answers the first charge of this post, and many others including the rift with Botham, Richards and Garner.
Agree with Archie Mac. I love his writing and his skill as an Cricket (Expert) commentator. May be he occasionally ****es some people off, but if your writing doesn't invite comments and discussion and stir people , its probably not worthy of being written and published !!

As far as his personal stuff goes (Re -post by Chubb) I'd say its unfair to use the Web to throw Mud on some one when the courts have dealt with it and that person is not here to defend themselves !!

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Well, he did plead guilty to the charges didn't he? It's self-confessed. Also I am aware that I went over-the-top writing the original post, indeed my first draft was even worse! I did overeact but I often do when I read something written by a right-winger. sorry.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Chubb said:
He's like a super-charged daily mail reader!
Nah, I've never seen him write anything that's anti-Rugby League or anti-Saints

He's still an idiotic southern tosser

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I have read a few articles by Roebuck, and he seems to know the game very well. He doesn't build up needless expectations (unlike Ted Corbett), he knows what's going on and he is very honest, but this new article should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Peter Roebuck may have his faults, but after reading posts on another forum on this issue, I say he should be let off- he can't be worse than those clowns.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
As far as his personal stuff goes (Re -post by Chubb) I'd say its unfair to use the Web to throw Mud on some one when the courts have dealt with it and that person is not here to defend themselves !!
erm he pleaded guilty to 3 charges of common assault involving 3 SA teenagers, and was given a 12 month suspended jail sentence.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think the assault took place in Taunton if I'm not mistaken..

The feeble tosser makes me ashamed to exist here..