• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group B Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So I was right, you were confusing it with IPL :p
Nah, I just confused one of the group games (against Sri Lanka, where he was MoM) with the super 8's.

You seem to be confusing how good an ODI player is with how he performs in a tiny proportion of ODI games. Shock horror, if you only care about 2% of the ODI's he plays then you might have a different opinion to how those of us who watch all of his games rate him.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Okay, I've just had a check. I reckon in the last World T20, South Africa played two games that you would class as important matches. In those two he had a decent but not spectacular innings against Pakistan, and a pretty crap one against Australia. In the one knockout game of the last 50 over World Cup he was run out. In the 2010 World T20 he was the only one to stand up in the Pakistan game, which ultimately saw South Africa knockout.

You think all that is enough to make his overrated, despite the fact that he's been an absolute monster in one day cricket in the last few years and throughout his career?
No use trying to prove anything to this guy. He will ask the same questions next week.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel like such a moron. I was checking the updates of this game on CricInfo thinking it was the last warmup match, not realising it was actually the first group match and fully televised in my country. Woopsie.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also, given that I left the house when India were just taking the batting powerplay, can someone explain to me how a) they only scored 331 and b) since when Robbie P bats 3?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tempted to say leaving Virus out was a mistake for South Africa but given they're chasing 330, maybe not. Not exactly a chasing 330 kind of guy.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I feel like such a moron. I was checking the updates of this game on CricInfo thinking it was the last warmup match, not realising it was actually the first group match and fully televised in my country. Woopsie.
:laugh: Ouch.

Also, given that I left the house when India were just taking the batting powerplay, can someone explain to me how a) they only scored 331 and b) since when Robbie P bats 3?
a) Constant wickets. b) Since about 3pm UK time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lol. Didn't it say Champions Trophy game 1 or something on Cricinfo?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol. Didn't it say Champions Trophy game 1 or something on Cricinfo?
Yeah. I wasn't following the commentary or anything though; I just had the main scorecard refreshing. Being a warmup, I had minimum interest in it. :p I feel ripped off slightly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Robbie P needs to try and attack the spinners and just let AB play.
Yeah; he's not been sent up the order to build an innings. It'll be conflicting for him though because he legitimately does bat in the top three in domestic one dayers a bit and while he's aggressive in that role, he doesn't just swing from the hip.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah; he's not been sent up the order to build an innings. It'll be conflicting for him though because he legitimately does bat in the top three in domestic one dayers a bit and while he's aggressive in that role, he doesn't just swing from the hip.
Yeah, he's done a pretty good job so far, I just think it would be tragic if de Villiers were to get out trying to up the scoring rate after a few quite overs. de Villiers has to bat the majority of the innings for SA to win, and with a RRR of over a run a ball, they will have to take the odd risk. I just hope it's Peterson that does them.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Which channel is it on?

Internet won't load FoxSports.com.au or anything else to check.