• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Depends. I think if you pick an English umpire you probably still have to pick an Australian one too, otherwise if they have an off day the media will be savage. But I agree in principle, especially given how Australia/England-centric the Elite Panel is.
Maxwell said it won't happen because politics, dude, but I'd honestly have no issues with Reiffel and Tucker.

Gotta be better than this pair.

Dar used to be top drawer too. Reckon his eyes have gone.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England reality playing good cricket here. They've survived the new ball, have 100 in the board for the loss of just one wicket. Really they should be looking for no less than 350 from here.

Thing is, Australia haven't bowled badly. Pattinson could easily have had two and Lyon one so far.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England reality playing good cricket here. They've survived the new ball, have 100 in the board for the loss of just one wicket. Really they should be looking for no less than 350 from here.

Thing is, Australia haven't bowled badly. Pattinson could easily have had two and Lyon one so far.
Bowled well, Siddle looks like he lacks penetration and Cummins has looked off but Pattinson and Lyon have both been very good.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About the only bad ball he has bowled today. Guess after so many injuries the question is how he comes back for 2nd and 3rd spells. Soon find out.
Got smashed a bit that over. It does seem like these two are taking up the intent. Will be interesting to see how it'll work.

And now Siddle's off the ground....