• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thing with luck is that things tend to be a bit of swings and roundabouts. For all we know Australia could get a fluke wicket or get another favourable umpiring call that England don't review.

flibbertyjibber

Seems ages since our top order players have had a century partnership away from a nightwatchman playing the innings of his life to help it.

Uppercut

Thing with luck is that things tend to be a bit of swings and roundabouts. For all we know Australia could get a fluke wicket or get another favourable umpiring call that England don't review.
Yeah England have got the rub of the green today but I don't think the current game state is far off a fair reflection on how well each team has played.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought the Oval would have been too prestigious to get a ****** Kia sponsorship in its name

Ladbrokes Lords by 2025

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah England have got the rub of the green today but I don't think the current game state is far off a fair reflection on how well each team has played.
Burns being out long ago would be a much better reflection on both the bowling and batting in the first session.

morgieb

Yeah they've definitely looked a lot more solid with the bat than us (these two anyway) and their bowlers (Woakes and Broad anyway) seemed to get more out of the wicket (though that might have something to do with when they bowled?)

It's just kind of frustrating as we've bowled a lot better than 1/123 states. I do get the vague suspicison that if one wicket falls then Australia gain momentum but it just feels like it's miles away from happening.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Edgbaston doesn't get a sponsor name.

After all, what company would want to be associated with the place or the city it's in?

(Not that I support sponsor names in general)

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Australia seemed to lose a bit of patience that last half hour as the stubbornness of this partnership began to wear them down mentally.

Also, Lyon a bit off his usual standards giving easy runs with at least one ball every over that spell.