• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CBF starting a new thread on what is a fairly small point, but I've been thinking whether there has ever been a more ridiculous selectorial situation than a country's head of selectors thinking a player had retired when he actually hadn't. IIRC there was some discussion during the recent warm up series to the real thing that Katich hadn't actually ever retired from international cricket, but Inverarity thought he had. Can anyone recall something like that ever happening before?

benchmark00

Nah but if you retire from Australian FC cricket you effectively retire from international cricket for Australia.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was unavailable for selection for my club one weekend 15 years ago and haven't been picked since - been waiting for the call but turns out they thought I'd retired

uvelocity

International Coach
dont you ever want to spread a bit of cheer for a joke well made? think ive liked 2 or 3 of your posts (which would be all the good ones)

benchmark00

I don't have a strict no likes policy, I just haven't seen a post on this forum that I like besides the ones made by me, and unfortunately you can't like your own posts.