• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Tour Squad for Australia

Johann

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rumours are that Panesar has got a lot of personal issues and it goes a bit deeper than him just being a bit of a dick.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rumours are that Panesar has got a lot of personal issues and it goes a bit deeper than him just being a bit of a dick.
Not wanting to seem to soppy, but hope he gets some help (IF that is true of course) and isn't just abandoned.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Knock with Monty is he's turned into a pisshead.

Was teetotal until a couple of years ago, but has embraced the falling dowm juice with both kidneys.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tremlett must play in Australia after seeing Clarke against the short ball yesterday. Either that or Finn needs to sort himself out.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
With Kerrigan all but booking a trip to Aus Panasar may find it hard to get back in, Tremlett surely has to come as well

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Comms on TMS were adamant Tredwell should get the backup spinner gig if Monty doesn't

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Feel very much for Monty. People go through these things from time to time but it must be extremely tough as a professional sportsman to have your career on the line because of personal issues. And I know people are going to say that he hasn't been bowling well, but he's coming off the India tour where he was superb, and let's face it, England selectors have been more than faithful to the likes of Finn, Tremlett and even Broad recently. Panesar is not the best bowler in the world but he's a proven test quality spinner.

I understand that Sussex have an image to protect as well, but you'd hope there'd be a bit of understanding around these things. All it takes for someone to go through these times is a relationship break up. Or in his case perhaps a crisis of faith or a discovery of a drug that's caused addiction, depression and fatal traffic accidents for millennia.

These issue are already humiliating enough for a person dealing with them in the public eye without the added financial and social stresses of an end to a career.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well with a bit of luck it's a position on that tour as important as the backup keeper, ie only there for an injury.

Can't see why there would be any two spinner decks served up, it would be a bit silly really after how Swann has gone in this series

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There is no way a 2 spinner deck will be prepared, Sydney and Adelaide will probably turn later on though. I highly doubt you'll need anyone other than Swann tbh, Anderson. Broad and another tall seamer would be the ideal make-up for mine

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel very much for Monty. People go through these things from time to time but it must be extremely tough as a professional sportsman to have your career on the line because of personal issues. And I know people are going to say that he hasn't been bowling well, but he's coming off the India tour where he was superb, and let's face it, England selectors have been more than faithful to the likes of Finn, Tremlett and even Broad recently. Panesar is not the best bowler in the world but he's a proven test quality spinner.

I understand that Sussex have an image to protect as well, but you'd hope there'd be a bit of understanding around these things. All it takes for someone to go through these times is a relationship break up. Or in his case perhaps a crisis of faith or a discovery of a drug that's caused addiction, depression and fatal traffic accidents for millennia.

These issue are already humiliating enough for a person dealing with them in the public eye without the added financial and social stresses of an end to a career.
tbf he's also coming off the NZ tour where he wasn't very good and a poor season for Sussex.

It's also a bit naive to always blame incidents that involve drinking and drugs on family, relationships, financial and other personal problems. I'd wager most of the time it's just people being idiots.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Apparently he's struggling to deal with the breakdown of his marriage and developed a fondness for whisky during the India tour.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently he's struggling to deal with the breakdown of his marriage and developed a fondness for whisky during the India tour.
Hopefully he can sort himself out, been given a great chance by going to Essex with all their England connections so he clearly is still in their plans.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Do England have another option outside of Tredders/Monty/piechucker(Kerrigan)? That young leggie maybe? Probably a bit early, just bring Monty