• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Other than the chance to go 2-0 up in a 5-match series. I know who will be happier if that happens, the result is everything.
You were going to win anyway, may as well do it in style and destroy us rather than meander about stupidly, giving us time to regroup and put in a decent performance in the second dig. They've lost the chance to make an irreparable psychological blow.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You were going to win anyway, may as well do it in style and destroy us rather than meander about stupidly, giving us time to regroup and put in a decent performance in the second dig. They've lost the chance to make an irreparable psychological blow.
This is assuming Australia manage to bat for more than 45 overs in their 2nd dig. And physically tbe effect of bowling 200 overs or so could pay dividends for England down the line, which is why I favoured batting again.

edit: if we're talking psychology then a young opener getting his first Ashes hundred > smashing Australia in 3 and a half days.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2-0 will be bad enough

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goodish knock from Root

Still not convinced about his technique at all but you cant knock a 100 at Lords

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't even slightly in the balance tbh, but yeah good nonetheless, was certainly under some pressure after 3 failures and three quick wickets.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think the plan is to just give pattinson and harris one warm up over before taking the new ball. like, it's no big deal, nas

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Goodish knock from Root

Still not convinced about his technique at all but you cant knock a 100 at Lords
Yeah this is actually fair enough. You'll see him play better innings (I hope) and he still has a lot to prove but he's done all you could have asked of him here.