• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Thread - Who will be the Pantomime Villain?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Warner likely to bite back and respond, which makes it more likely that he'll be the favourite. Probably the only time that the Barmy Army holds an intellectual advantage over anyone too, tbh.
Lol. Warner would be my shout too. As penisy as some crims of yore but without Warne's larrakin charm or McGrath's metronomic brilliance to mitigate it.

Plus if his hotel has wi-fi it could get messy...

That's why I think Patto is a big chance. He isn't afraid to disguise the fact he despises batsmen.
I think when the Barmys hear his uncracked choirboy speaking voice he'll cop loads.

Just doesn't sound like a proper fire-breathing quick should.

I'll throw Compton into the mix too; nice guy and all but could be to 2013 what Ravi was to 2009 if he gets a run. Hard to see him scoring too many against the ockers' seamers.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Look, batsmen don't make pantomime villains. Bowlers trotting off to fine leg do.
Warner's looking like being the exception to that particular rule. He must be an absolute shoe-in after his latest escapade. If he's still in the country, that is.

Ruckus

International Captain
So looking forward to this aspect of the Ashes now. Warner has nailed himself in as the pantomime villain. Will be fascinating to see how he responds to it. Could well be a defining moment in his career.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So looking forward to this aspect of the Ashes now. Warner has nailed himself in as the pantomime villain. Will be fascinating to see how he responds to it. Could well be a defining moment in his career.
IF he plays and IF he handles the non stop needling that is coming his way for sure, then I'll have a whole new respect for the bloke. But I'd just about bet my left nut that he won't handle it at all.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Fawad Ahmed is still a chance to cop some if he plays, but he's already getting it from Bob Katter, so I doubt he'll care. English fans may also recall Hughes not having a particularly good ashes record and getting stuck into him, but who knows?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Fawad Ahmed is still a chance to cop some if he plays,
Nah, not at all. Tried 3 times to post why he won't cop it and whatever way I say it it sounds patronising and ****, so I'm not gonna bother.....but he won't, not unless he acts like a real goose at any stage.

If he does play and plays well, I can actually see him getting a lot of respect from the England fans.

This thread may as well be closed, the deal is signed, sealed and delivered........I reckon Mitch Johnson could even play and go unnoticed because all the focus is going to be on David Prick Warner.

uvelocity

International Coach
reckon maximas is on it with hughes. gonna be mighty amusing when they have their first 300 partnership of the series

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, not at all. Tried 3 times to post why he won't cop it and whatever way I say it it sounds patronising and ****, so I'm not gonna bother.....but he won't, not unless he acts like a real goose at any stage.

If he does play and plays well, I can actually see him getting a lot of respect from the England fans.

This thread may as well be closed, the deal is signed, sealed and delivered........I reckon Mitch Johnson could even play and go unnoticed because all the focus is going to be on David Prick Warner.
Yeah,now that I think about it, it's the selection that English fans have been laughing at, I think they are slightly worried and respectful of the player himself, I'm certain Davey Warner will get all sorts of abuse now, just trying to throw a few more names in.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Warner cannot possibly play now. He's banned from all games before the first Test, so the selectors won't even have a chance to see him in whites before Trent Bridge, let alone assess his form.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Warner misses the first test in all probability so there will have to be a different villain initially. Of course they could make Warner run the drinks for 5 days which put him on the boundary in the firing line. Patto might be in line in Warners absence but I think they might try to target Hughes. A big score early should shut them up though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner cannot possibly play now. He's banned from all games before the first Test, so the selectors won't even have a chance to see him in whites before Trent Bridge, let alone assess his form.
I think the only way Warner plays now is if Clarke doesn't due to his back going just before the game.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Nah we'll wheel Clarke out in a chair if that happened. A 50% Clarke is still in our top 6.