• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
No, they should have let the scheduling as it was, instead of agreeing to screw us over in 2019 and setting us up to lose what is shoved down our throats as the biggest event in the Ashes two times in just 6 months, all just so they could line their own pockets.

They clearly had the national team and it's fans first and foremost in their minds when they did that.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dude, I understand your frustrations but if you feel this way about CA, God forbid, if you ever ended up being a fan of India or Pakistan or West Indies, I shudder to think what you will have to post on those cricket boards.. :laugh:
I agree it could be worse, but it doesn't have to be.

Cricketing administering all the world just flat out sucks.

the big bambino

International Captain
Nah backlash is right. You guys are just sniping at a few side issues; some of which he never said btw. Overall his point about the administration and the team's waywardness (irrespective of its lack of talent) is fair.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I blame the public partly, you can't expect to be world number one all the time, seriously, how many times did we flog England in the Ashes from 89-05? This is nothing, in any case, I won't comment too much until the matches are played.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sky Sports 2 changing to Sky Sports Ashes for July and August :fap:
Not really that fapworthy. They'll be showing all the same cricket they would have anyway, they're just doing it for advertising.

Guess it means a few more achieve shows when there's nothing on though, which is kinda nice, I guess.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Actually, instead of rebranding the channel name, they should actually cover the warm ups and the women's test. It's a joke that they're not really, especially when they've got a whole channel devoted to nothing but cricket.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Warner hearing starts at 9.30 then. Seems strange to announce when the hearing is, just do it and announce later what the punishment is if there is any more on top of being dropped yesterday.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, should all be done and dusted now.........any reports leaking out yet??

I'm guessing they are going to have to pull him off the tour and send him home.
Hope not - the bloke has apologised - a fat donation to Root's favourite charity should be the end of it, imo

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So he is out of the first test then as surely he can't play in it with no cricket before it?

Rodgers to open and Watson at 4?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
$11500 fine, suspended until the first test. more time to drink imo
Does that mean no tour games after the CT??

Meh, fair enough punishment IMO but reckon he'll be a liability for the Aussies during the tests. England team and fans are going to be into him non stop and he doesn't strike me as the sort that can deal with that constant needling.