• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bell, doing nothing to change his reputation here :(
Had a lengthy discussion about that with Marcuss last night. Kinda feel a lot of onlookers have labelled him a changed man a little prematurely, and his absence flattered him during the summer because he didn't have to deal with Asif and Aamer.

That said, England were 200 ahead with six wickets left. Even the old Bell would normally have owned in that situation.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was actually a good bouncer from Johnson there. Head high on or outside off. Nice and tight bowling to him for 13 balls, and Bell obliged. Well bowled.
It was fifteen miles above Bell's head and the line was somewhere around St. Kilda. Should never have been playing at it.

hazsa19

International Regular
Had a lengthy discussion about that with Marcuss last night. Kinda feel a lot of onlookers have labelled him a changed man a little prematurely, and his absence flattered him during the summer because he didn't have to deal with Asif and Aamer.

That said, England were 200 ahead with six wickets left. Even the old Bell would normally have owned in that situation.
Maybe the new Bell scores exclusively when we're in the ****?

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Calmly 260-2 before Ponting's 'discussion', now 287-5 to some less than perfect shots..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
My wife just asked me "who is that guy?" ie Watson in GIMH's av

So I googled him for her and, this is probably an old photo but I have not seen it, where is his penis?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is why Chappelli is ****ing awesome at times.

He has pointed out how Collingwood's dismissal was a poor shot to a poor ball, whereas Bell got a good bouncer.

Great commentary.

HeathDavisSpeed

Aussie could easily score 400-450 in their second knock and leave England with a tricky chase of 100-200 runs. I haven't ripped up my betting slip yet.

Burgey

Oh mate, terrible for you. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Anyone care to point me to how Australia are going to score 400-450 "easily".

They scored it once in the series and that needed a partnership of 300.

Son Of Coco

The worst thing about that was when Ponting raised his finger, like he was giving Dar a lecture or something. Your not the boss Ponting man! **** off.
I only saw the tail-end of the incident, but it's pretty silly to carry on like a pork chop over an appeal you've reviewed. If it has come back not out after being looked at on video, just get on with it.

Barely anyone appealed in the first place, so there must have been some doubt.

Burgey

My wife just asked me "who is that guy?" ie Watson in GIMH's av

So I googled him for her and, this is probably an old photo but I have not seen it, where is his penis?

See that cricket bat shaped thing in his hands in the pic on the left?

Watto... Has a lot of game :ph34r:

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

By easily it means that it isnt beyond the realms of possibility. England need 400 to be happy. Otherwise Aus still have a shout.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Vintage Johnson here. Joke cricketer. Blight on the ICC Awards that they ever gave him cricketer of the year. Bloke's had five good Tests.

Ruckus

International Captain

It depends on Ponting and Clarke. If we can bowl England out for a decent amount here and Ponting manages to get past 50 I'd start to worry if I were the English.