• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
All I can say is well played Poms, massive credit. Our team is good, England are just much better, simple. Worse things have happened. Like the bastards who stole my bike yesterday, with a kids seat attached. Not a good couple of days!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Smith looks decent when he is playing in the V - like his straight drive was outstanding. But his front foot pull and front foot square cut and kind of horrible to watch. I am not enamored with his technique after watching this inning I will not cry in my beer if he gets dropped eventually.

hazsa19

International Regular
Botham is talking absolute bull**** as ever. Has a single ball gone through 3rd or 4th slip at catchable height?

I wanted more slips, but I was wrong. Strauss and the bowlers have been brilliant to create pressure and force wickets in front of the wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
All I can say is well played Poms, massive credit. Our team is good, England are just much better, simple. Worse things have happened. Like the bastards who stole my bike yesterday, with a kids seat attached. Not a good couple of days!
This, really. Been outplayed.

Clarke is not giving me excuses here. Not happy. Not a fun knock to watch.

Ruckus

International Captain
Far out, so far this series has to be one of the most pathetic performances by an Australia team in a long time. Let's have a look how the batting sides have performed so far:

-4 of the English top 6 batsmen have series averages well over their career averages (Cook, Pietersen, Bell and Trott), and 1 about equal to their career average (Strauss). So that's 5 of the top 6 who have performed well, with only Collingwood failing badly.

-1 of the Australian top 6 has a series average well over their career average (Hussey), with 1 about equal to their career average (Watson). So that's 2 of the top 6 who have performed well, with Ponting, Clarke, Hughes, Katich, North and Smith all failing badly with sub-25 averages.

****ing horrendous stuff from Australia. I don't care how good England have bowled, that is just pure horse****.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Botham is talking absolute bull**** as ever. Has a single ball gone through 3rd or 4th slip at catchable height?

I wanted more slips, but I was wrong. Strauss and the bowlers have been brilliant to create pressure and force wickets in front of the wicket.
Watson edged one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In an ideal world, and if reputations were put to one side, then Hughes, Ponting & Clarke would all be up for the chop. Ponting and Clarke have looked dreadful, and it's a real disappointment in many ways (though, I do like to see Clarke fail). You can't really drop Ponting & Clarke at the same time, but are there any Aussies who would advocate them being cast aside? Or at least one of them?

Spark

Global Moderator
I generally speaking don't buy into the "give established test cricketers a break" idea, but it's starting to become tempting.