• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because Australian bowlers aren't that good.
To be fair, there aren't that many good bowlers in world cricket. England have a couple South Africa has 1. India has 1 or 2. Sri Lanka a couple.

For mine, it partly explains why certain batsmen have 'improved' so much since 2007.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aussie batsmen need to respect the new ball and stop playing the ball when it won't hit the stumps. The English let the ball go until the ball loses some of it's shine and the Aussies should do the same. This aggressive tactic will not work against quality English bowling.

Ruckus

International Captain
I fear Ponting might be starting to get burnt out. There are only so many times you can train hard, make all the right preperations, and continue to fail. His motivation must seriously be starting to dwindle.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Tremlett has played three or four tests before. How long ago were they, out of interest? He's 29 and had a few injuries I understand.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I bet that if they put up hawkeye, there'd only be one ball hitting the stumps. Remember Mark Taylor used to just leave anything that was on a good length when the ball was bouncing like this; ball would sail over the stumps.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussie batsmen need to respect the new ball and stop playing the ball when it won't hit the stumps. The English let the ball go until the ball loses some of it's shine and the Aussies should do the same. This aggressive tactic will not work against quality English bowling.
Yeah, I agree. Perhaps the most frustrating thing for a bowler is a batsman who leaves the ball well. Australia, by always giving the bowler a chance early on, aren't pushing them to lose patience and try something else.

England, on the other hand, are willing to leave a lot. And the Australian bowlers lose patience very quickly.