• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Fell asleep on the couch at lunch, then woke up at 3, went to be at drink in the afternoon session. Hoping to put in a better effort tonight but going on the lash this afternoon so not sure what the effect will be

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I hate this England team. They've got a habit of taking crucial wickets at times when I'm about to give up the ghost and try and sleep.

Fell asleep in the 3rd session, missed lolstalia's collapse. :(

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll probably not make it past lunch tonight unless it's really nicely set up after the morning session. Think the morning's the important one.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, pint of water, just boiled the kettle, brought my duvet downstairs, expecting tons from you guys Andrew and Alistair!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not at home last night and Sky Player kept cutting off. Fell asleep to TMS, woke up at five and had a txt saying "silly criminals." Listened to the rest of the play.

As it's Saturday night, I'll stay up for the start of play tonight and hopefully see KP pass a hundred, and then take it from there. Hoping we declare towards close and roll them by the end of day four as I can't really stay up for day five...:D

flibbertyjibber

Lasted most of the night as usual, just the odd doze. Will be there again tonight in expectation of us passing 500 and declaring sometime tomorrow and getting a few before the close of play.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
really tired, been in pub all afternoon, ears hurt, think this may be the first morning session i'm going to miss.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't survive any more, gotta get up in the morning as I'm cooking lunch for visitors. It's a strange feeling that even if the worst happens, we will still be in a good position.

flibbertyjibber

Feel fresh now, was shattered earlier. The odd hour sneaked here and there is working well. Question is coffee or beer?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody rain, should probably go to sleep but the chance that we might get some play and get them in is keeping me up for now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
My target is the 200, so about 20 minutes after lunch.
That was my target, lasted about 5 mins after the lunch break. Just waaaay too tired.

Got a class test at uni tomorrow so might have to face the prospect of no cricket tonight.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I hate this England team. They've got a habit of taking crucial wickets at times when I'm about to give up the ghost and try and sleep.

Fell asleep in the 3rd session, missed lolstalia's collapse. :(
Haha, just as I turn off the PC, Swann gets Katich. WAC.

flibbertyjibber

So glad we have a week to get over this one, i feel dreadful today despite a decent nights sleep. Feel far worse than i ever did getting 2 or 3 hours a day and then watching the cricket all night.

Next one is easy though, bed before 9 and up at 2.20 or 5.00 depending on game situation.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, Perth is a good one, and Melbourne I am off work for so that will be all good.

The tour game this weekend isn't televised is it? God I hope it's not, need sleeeeeeeeeep

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
So glad we have a week to get over this one, i feel dreadful today despite a decent nights sleep. Feel far worse than i ever did getting 2 or 3 hours a day and then watching the cricket all night.

Next one is easy though, bed before 9 and up at 2.20 or 5.00 depending on game situation.
Yep, so true mate. The missus is well annoyed at me coming home from work and then going to bed at 8pm and setting alarm again for 11:30pm to get up.

Then an hours sleep during the lunch interval. Will probably go to bed at 10pm or so and set alarm for 2:30am for start of the 1st session.