• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't know how good the conditions were for bowling against NZ, but they're not that bad at the Gabba on an overcast day with a slightly helpful wicket and a new ball (Edit: Well, it was overcast...not anymore).

Anderson is bowling very, very well though. Putting the ball in the right spots and has been unlucky. Hope Johnson and the Hilf are taking copious amounts of notes.
Nottingham (3rd Test: England v New Zealand at Nottingham, Jun 5-8, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo) was the kind of conditions swing bowlers fantasise over. Agreed there's a little bit there today, and it's not a road by any stretch, but the control is great to see - today may finally be the day when Jimmy sheds the tag of being anodyne in any conditions other than stereotypically Mancunian ones.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nope, the distinct lack of foot movement, and the fact he was just throwing his hands at the ball for the first 45 minutes is what made him look poor. Looked better in the last 15 minutes, playing some nice shots, but he looked god awful for the first three quarters of an hour.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Plumb lbw, not given. If he had any decency he'd have walked.
I've never seen anyone walk for an LBW in the history of cricket, and I doubt it's ever gonna happen unless someone is hit on the full on the toe.

It serves England right for using it for the 50/50 LBW yesterday which was only used out of frustration. You gotta keep them until there's one that is blatantly wrong, which is why the system was brought in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair but you just reckon the better bowling unit will win over the course of a series. They won't have bad luck every day and, as Nath said, they've just looked much better overall.
Had the good conditions here tbf. Bowled really well though. Wicket has freshened and they've really hit the right spots. Well done them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've never seen anyone walk for an LBW in the history of cricket, and I doubt it's ever gonna happen unless someone is hit on the full on the toe.

It serves England right for using it for the 50/50 LBW yesterday which was only used out of frustration. You gotta keep them until there's one that is blatantly wrong, which is why the system was brought in.
I have tbf

Burgey

Richie Richardson did in an ODI at the MCG in the early 80s.

It was back when the pitch was crazy low and slow. He went to pull one.. Hit him on the ankle in front of middle. He just walked off. See it sometimes on World Series classics. Piss funny tbh.

flibbertyjibber

Credit to these 2 for hanging on in there as that is all they have done.We have bowled well but not got any luck and it may well mean Australia win the game because these 2 stood firm under intense pressure.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fairly obvious Oz are going to get a lead...what's the most y'all think we can afford to concede?