• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well....if we ever get this breakthrough wicket surely we will be able to get the **** and the rest of the tail out quite quickly...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
no way, the tactical element is the worst thing about it. Should be worried about getting the as many decisions on field correct as is possible, not trying to add anything to the game.

Edit: However, the udrs is still better than anything yet experimented with and should definitely be used in as many matches as possible.
awta

Ruckus

International Captain
Haddin will unleash soon. I think Haddin has looked incredibly solid given the hostile bowling. He is in very good form.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will be applying Richard's FCA and not recognising a century by Hussey should he score one FTR

pasag

RTDAS
Amazing stuff from Jimmy. Pretty annoyed play started 30 minutes early and no one told me personally. James Sutherland should have my number ffs.

Ruckus

International Captain
Fair but you just reckon the better bowling unit will win over the course of a series. They won't have bad luck every day and, as Nath said, they've just looked much better overall.
Yeah but I don't think they won't bowl this well for the duration of the Ashes. The Gabba would probably be the best chance for their quicks, but they aren't reaping the rewards yet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dear Hussey and Haddin,

Don't just wait for them to get you out you ****wits. Because eventually if you let them settle in and keep bowling these pearlers they'll get one.

Score a run you bastards.

Regards,
Athlai.

Debris

International 12th Man
Haddin will unleash soon. I think Haddin has looked incredibly solid given the hostile bowling. He is in very good form.
He looks a better bat then most of those above him in the batting order currently. The McCullum of Australian cricket.

Ruckus

International Captain
This is Haddin in very good form? :huh: How awful does he look when he's in bad nick?
Why are you conflating excellent bowling with bad form of a batsmen? The mere fact he has stayed out there so long without really any genuine chances, shows he is in good nick...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
No, i agree, i think Haddin's been solid on the defense and played some lovely shots. The quality of the bowling has made him look poor.

Debris

International 12th Man
Dear Hussey and Haddin,

Don't just wait for them to get you out you ****wits. Because eventually if you let them settle in and keep bowling these pearlers they'll get one.

Score a run you bastards.

Regards,
Athlai.
It's the first hour. They are just knocking the shine off before getting stuck in.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
This is Haddin in very good form? :huh: How awful does he look when he's in bad nick?
If he was in bad form he would've had a brain explosion and holed out within 10 balls of coming in. Good form may not be the right word, but his innings has been superbly controlled and he's deserves the credit for being able to stick around with Hussey. If he's still around when we get past your total, then we may see him come out of his shell.