• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did that miss everything?

Haddin's 6th longest innings in terms of balls faced, have been impressed with the way he's applied himself. Some loose plays and misses outside off, but he's still there.. nearly the 100 partnership.
His 3rd slowest innings in terms of SR, the other two he scored a combined 1 run from 11 balls :laugh:

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
And that's why i think Umpires should be given the option to confirm that themselves too,if they have any doubts.
Specially after Reviews are exhausted. Sometimes it is impossible to be sure to naked eye.
Not necessary. There are always going to be a few marginal decisions go the wrong way, particularly with LBWs. 15 years ago we would have just said unlucky for the bowler and forgot about it. The referrals really should be reserved for blatantly wrong decisions which are the ones which really cause controversy.

I also like the tactical element involved in having to choose when to use the referrals.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm not sure I've seen Jimmy bowl much better than this - maybe that seven (?) for when he ripped NZ apart, but this is against a far better side in far harsher conditions.

I bet we shell the catch when he finally gets the edge, too.

simmy

International Regular
This is the variance of cricket I guess...

You would say (although Siddle had an older ball) than this spell is much better than the "hattrick spell"

Come on Jimmy.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure I've seen Jimmy bowl much better than this - maybe that seven (?) for when he ripped NZ apart, but this is against a far better side in far harsher conditions.
Don't know how good the conditions were for bowling against NZ, but they're not that bad at the Gabba on an overcast day with a slightly helpful wicket and a new ball (Edit: Well, it was overcast...not anymore).

Anderson is bowling very, very well though. Putting the ball in the right spots and has been unlucky. Hope Johnson and the Hilf are taking copious amounts of notes.

pskov

International 12th Man
Not necessary. There are always going to be a few marginal decisions go the wrong way, particularly with LBWs. 15 years ago we would have just said unlucky for the bowler and forgot about it. The referrals really should be reserved for blatantly wrong decisions which are the ones which really cause controversy.

I also like the tactical element involved in having to choose when to use the referrals.
No way, the tactical element is the worst thing about it. Should be worried about getting the as many decisions on field correct as is possible, not trying to add anything to the game.

Edit: However, the UDRS is still better than anything yet experimented with and should definitely be used in as many matches as possible.