• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semis and Final Thread

stumpski

International Captain
Heh, just noticed that the women's semi-final earlier is between the same teams! Might be a first.

Probably best to keep CH Gayle and the womenfolk well apart in any case.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yep. Our bits and pieces players deserved to lose.

Hafeez
Malik
Afridi
Tanveer
Nazir
Kakmal
Gul

All of the above need to be kicked out.
Don't hate on Gul! :@

Seriously though, we need a fast bowler and he's better than the other choices we have. I have confidence in him to bowl at the death. He doesn't deliver as much as he used to, but he comes through often enough. Plus, he's shown that he can occasionally contribute with the bat as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A good result for Australia, provided they can win tomorrow, given that they're more likely to post a competitive total against SL than Pak.

Either way I think the Lankans will win the whole thing.
Shame you're not here for the Swans parade today at lunch time mate.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Don't hate on Gul! :@

Seriously though, we need a fast bowler and he's better than the other choices we have. I have confidence in him to bowl at the death. He doesn't deliver as much as he used to, but he comes through often enough. Plus, he's shown that he can occasionally contribute with the bat as well.
We need to introduce new quicks and not rely on Gul who flakes out when we need him. He is mediocre at best, doesn't know how to use the new ball and despite having a good Yorker, continues to bowl short. Gul was never an intelligent bowler, and has actually regressed when most bowlers learn new tricks after playing international cricket for a while.

chicane

State Captain
According to the rules the bails need to be completely dislodged, but I seem to remember many run-outs/stumpings given when the bail is even partially dislodged. Keeping that in mind I thought that run-out should have been given.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would love the actual wording of the laws regarding the bails being dislodged.

I found it interesting Nasser saying that the bail has to be dislodged but also enough so you know it isn't coming back down into the groove.

Wtf? I understand his thinking, but considering we know the bails didn't go back into the groove, since it was a run out appeal, it's a weird way of looking at it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to say I'm conflicted with this Women's semi-final, normally want OZ to lose at all things cricket, but the Crims side is quite fit, Especially Ellyse:wub:

Dydl

International Debutant
Not many times that a bowler will take 5/22 in a T20 and not be Player of the Match, but Perry a deserving recipient.

Have to say I'm conflicted with this Women's semi-final, normally want OZ to lose at all things cricket, but the Crims side is quite fit, Especially Ellyse:wub:
She's just as fit in person... And very nice too.

Would love it if the men could make it back-to-back semi-final wins against the West Indies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dussey in for Maxwell, Bravo in for Bravo. West Indies bat, I'm hoping for a competitive match and fearing a West Indies implosion.

Andre

International Regular
FMD, never heard anyone overcomplicate the game like Sanjay Manjrekar does in commentary. Dead set kills any coverage he is involved in, an absolute shocker. Less is more, especially with television.

stumpski

International Captain
74-2 at the 10 over point of the Windies innings. Both sides will be reasonably happy I reckon, West Indies to have Gayle still there and wickets in hand, Australia to have kept them down to that score.

Lostman

State Captain
its annoying watching Bravo pick off singles last ball of every over.

Im sure the Australians dont mind it though.