• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Awesome win for England. Truly dusted the floor with the Aussies today. Feels odd though. One thing that has been constant till now since I started following cricket is that England are **** in LOIs.
Haha, yeah. Can't say it isn't a welcome change. One of the more likeable teams around, and they've done more than enough to deserve this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did you end up betting on England GIMH, or were you taking the piss?
I was taking the piss sadly. I don't kid when I say it would take me about 3 months or more to amass £800 of spare cash so to lay such an amount of one bet would be a bit um...OTT

Sir Alex

Banned
Well done England! What a win!

Australia did everything well except having Clarke at No.3. Will they show the guts to drop him for all future T20s?

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Interesting to see Australia peeked too early and England peeked just at the right time. Normally the Australian team prides itself on playing its best cricket in the finals.

Though if you look at the semi finals its now clear Australia had run out of steam.

I dont think this English team is anymore talented than teams of past years but they are a hell of a lot more professional.

I think era of having a couple of superstars carry you through all formats of cricket is gone. No team will ever have a totally injury free and in-form squad. Its now more about having a good squad rather than 3 players carry 8 others around.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now I'm gonna send Twitter messages to Swanneh and Bres, now do I send one to Jimmeh, not sure really.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Social not acting his age here. Must be said.
Oh come on!

Stop taking yourself so seriously

I spent the evening with a group of Australian and English cricket fans and no-one cared about the result or the game for that matter (if we did, then I doubt we'd have spent the evening at the pub doing anything other than watching the game ffs!)

Good on England for winning

Bad luck Oz for losing

L Trumper

State Regular
Absolutely dominated five games on the trot, none of 'em are even close.
How good the team is? Miles above the rest, that for sure!!
KP is gun.

Dissector

International Debutant
I think TT is close enough to ODI's that England have to be considered serious contenders for the coming World Cup for the first time since 1992. If nothing else this win will give them a massive confidence boost.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh come on!

I spent the evening with a group of Australian and English cricket fans and no-one cared about the result or the game for that matter (if we did, then I doubt we'd have spent the evening at the pub doing anything other than watching the game ffs!)

Bad luck Oz for losing
Glad to see you had a good time at the pub.

Doesn't change the fact you were prettyy annoying in this thread though.

And the result of this match clearly was important to a few in this thread.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congratulations England!! What a comprehensive victory! So this Twenty20 bit is not so bad after all huh? :cool:

Daryl Harper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brilliant England.

Not quite sure when and how we became good at this but I am certainly not complaining.
No?

Then allow me to fill you in....

You gave up and exploited the system by bringing in a load of foreigners, mainly South Africans, to represent your once proud nation.

Sir Alex

Banned
Oh come on!

Bad luck Oz for losing
The why are you posting so much in this thread if you don't care :p

Stop whining ffs. The better team won today. Don't worry Australia will give it a fight in the Ashes. They both have set it up nicely.

King Pietersen

International Captain
No?

Then allow me to fill you in....

You gave up and exploited the system by bringing in a load of foreigners, mainly South Africans, to represent your once proud nation.
Nice trolling. Was worse in '92, with 6 'foreigners' in the side and they didn't even end up winning the thing. Least the 4 'foreigners' contributed to us winning it this time round.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The why are you posting so much in this thread if you don't care :p

Stop whining ffs. The better team won today. Don't worry Australia will give it a fight in the Ashes. They both have set it up nicely.
TBH I doubt more than 4 or 5 from each team today will play. England: KP, Colly, Swanneh & Broad; Oz: Watto, Clarke, Haddin, Huss snr, Johnson.