• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Streaky 6 by Kallis, followed by a gorgeous cut-stroke. Bond proving expensive once again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know Steyn can give it a tonk, but quite a long tail for South Africa, no?
Nah it's not too bad. Botha's listed at 9 but he'll bat 8 and he's more than capable of doing so. Hasn't done a lot in T20 yet but he averages 35 in First Class cricket.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Gibbs must have known well in advance he was playing - that shirt he's had painted on would take a good hour or two to dry.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair Albie can hit a straight six off the back foot so even if you get the yorker spot on there's no guarantee it's not going all the way. Great last over from Bond though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Botha's bowling action is just vile.
Yup. Hideous. Ajmal's worse tho for my money. It's the modern way...

Re Botha tho, as the testing bods have decided his throwsra exceeds the allotted tolerance limit, theoretically an ump could call him if he attempted one, couldn't he? Be a brave official to do it, but I'd applaud him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Taking away boundaries, Lumb scored 7 from 9, Kieswetter scored 7 from 23. Pietersen currently 22 from 23.
Not that surprising that KP has that sort of record, only 2 batsmen in T20 internationals average under 30% of their balls being dots - him and Colly.

And on Kieswetter, still feel he's not as good an option as Davies but for some reason Davies has never got the chances Kieswetter has...

Last edited: