Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

North Korea putting on a decent show so far holding their own quite well

Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    Meanwhile Brazil continue the pedestrian theme of this World Cup with an unconvincing performance. And no goals. I know rooting for Brainwashed Korea is ethically unjustifiable, but COME ON THE COMMIES!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    What if. I'm just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    Meanwhile Brazil continue the pedestrian theme of this World Cup with an unconvincing performance. And no goals. I know rooting for Brainwashed Korea is ethically unjustifiable, but COME ON THE COMMIES!
    Found it hilarious that the one player who plays in Japan won over the side by showing them a mobile phone.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Nabs the "first in the thread to mention North Korea beat Italy in 1966" gong.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

It was hilarious in the beginning when that Brazilian player worked the ball through the defender's legs but NK came to play today......

Looks like the Group of Death is even harder than people thought.

Defensively, the Juche Boys have been immense. Absolutely immense.

Been quite impressesed with their number 9 as well, playing as the lone striker in a system like this is a thankless shift.

Wow, 0-0 halftime...

My avatar bet looking decent.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    So gunning for North Korea here, reckon they've been awesome defensively, they've basically shut-out the Brazillian attack totally. That number 9 is a gun as well, love it how he tried to skin the whole Brazilian team in the first minute and nearly succeded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Immense first half from the Beloved Leader's men.

Brazil very ordinary though, and while they're ranked no.1 and are tournament second favourites, on paper this is surely their least interesting or impressive team in years. The defence is strong, but there aren't too many midfielders or forwards in that squad who have been lighting things up at club level lately. Dunga being Dunga has them well organised and all, but it's hard to get too excited about the players out there.

Hopefully they'll come out and prove me wrong with a glut of goals in the second half, God knows the tournament needs it.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Immense first half from the Beloved Leader's men.

Brazil very ordinary though, and while they're ranked no.1 and are tournament second favourites, on paper this is surely their least interesting or impressive team in years. The defence is strong, but there aren't too many midfielders or forwards in that squad who have been lighting things up at club level lately. Dunga being Dunga has them well organised and all, but it's hard to get too excited about the players out there.

Hopefully they'll come out and prove me wrong with a glut of goals in the second half, God knows the tournament needs it.
    North Korea were always going to be a potential banana skin, in the qualifiers Brazil struggled against teams that parked the bus. They'll scrap their way to a win here, get through the group and they'll absolutely rape teams on the counter attack.

Coming from a non-Soccer fan's perspective, I don't really care about goals as much as I do about close games and surprises.

People said the game the other day was terrible, but I really enjoyed it because it was close and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Coming from a non-Soccer fan's perspective, I don't really care about goals as much as I do about close games and surprises.

People said the game the other day was terrible, but I really enjoyed it because it was close and exciting.
    Yeah when I say the tournament needs goals I don't mean I want every game to be 4-3, some of the best games you'll ever see have goals at an absolute premium. What I'm getting annoyed with is the lack of invention, creativity or attacking flair being shown by most teams - the tournament IMO is crying out for some entertainment.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I'm getting annoyed by players continually going for 35 yard wonder strikes when virtually every shot goes about 50 foot into the stand behind. With the exception of Ronaldo and the captain of Slovakia, I haven't seen any efforts that really could have been called potential goals.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    North Korea were always going to be a potential banana skin, in the qualifiers Brazil struggled against teams that parked the bus. They'll scrap their way to a win here, get through the group and they'll absolutely rape teams on the counter attack.
    Yeah possibly, though my comment about Brazil wasn't specific to this game - I just generally think it's a pretty ordinary squad by their standards.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information