• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around Group A involving South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Schedule

11 June 2010

South Africa v Mexico at Soccer City, Johannesburg
Uruguay v France at Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town

16 June 2010

South Africa v Uruguay at Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria

17 June 2010

France v Mexico at Peter Mokaba Stadium, Polokwane

22 June 2010

Mexico v Uruguay at Royal Bafokeng Stadium, Rustenburg
France v South Africa at Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
France got so lucky getting this group imo. Surely they couldn't even screw this up.

Mexico and Uruguay to go through.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa will go through, I believe I'm right in saying no host has ever failed to get out of the group stages? I'm sure FIFA will see it neccesary that they make the second round at least, hopefully it wont be as ridiculous as what happened with South Korea in 2002 though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
South Africa will go through, I believe I'm right in saying no host has ever failed to get out of the group stages? I'm sure FIFA will see it neccesary that they make the second round at least, hopefully it wont be as ridiculous as what happened with South Korea in 2002 though.
no way will SA ever get through.. Please don't think our soccer players will ever display the fight that our rugby and cricket players so on a regular basis.. I hope I get proved wrong, but we need to start beating sides like Namibia first..

Simon

Nothing to do with abilty, all to do with politics, they'll make the second round and in most likely dubious circumstances.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nothing to do with abilty, all to do with politics, they'll make the second round and in most likely dubious circumstances.
TBF to South Korea it was only in the latter stages they were the beneficiaries of some home town decisions. & when yer Italians are the victims....

In the group stages Poland and Portugual were both dire, as evidenced by the fact the USofA advanced with the hosts.

SA will go out; I'm convinced of it. There's a fortnight avatar wager on it if you're game?

Simon

TBF to South Korea it was only in the latter stages they were the beneficiaries of some home town decisions. & when yer Italians are the victims....

In the group stages Poland and Portugual were both dire, as evidenced by the fact the USofA advanced with the hosts.

SA will go out; I'm convinced of it. There's a fortnight avatar wager on it if you're game?
Would be pretty cowardly of me not to accept it.

Craig

World Traveller
Giovanni dos Santos's brother Jonathan was left out of Mexico's World Cup squad, which in turn has led Giovanni to throw the hissy fit to end all hissy fits and is strongly considering refusing to play for Mexico ever again :laugh:

HTFU

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta be kidding me, we can't get a better commentator here than Kevin ****ing Muscat?!?!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally. The pre-match bull**** is getting ever more irritating in sport. You'd think they were going to war or some such.