• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Opening ceremonies are almost always ****.

Unless it has Lionel Ritchie, like the IPL one had. :cool:

All night long...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mexico look pretty decent going forward, but absolutely horrible whenever South Africa sent a cross in. Could have gone behind several times at the end there. Should definitely win though.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
FMD, that **** who was wagging his finger at the linesman before half time annoyed me. Wish FIFA would kick this crap out of football, makes it so dire.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent first-half, some good chances and nice football. Half the world have turned off though, coz there were no goals, good:)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Would the offside have mattered if he hadn't touched the ball? Looked to be going in as scaly said.

grecian

Would the offside have mattered if he hadn't touched the ball? Looked to be going in as scaly said.
nope, he wouldn't have been interfering with play if he'd missed it, love when pros don't know the rules though, he clearly thought it was okay coz of the guy on the line, well done Carlos:laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think it was going in.

Good first half. Mexican keeper looks pretty uncomfortable with high-ish balls.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know int football is not always about the best football but what would be the quality of these two teams.

I reckon Mexico is like a mid table premiership side in quality SA maybe bottom of the table side.

Jarquis

Haha, it is.
I think his thought process would've been more "Just stick this in the back of the net and hope the lino gets it wrong". Or at the very least "If I leave this we gain nothing, if I gamble at least there's a chance".

Scaly piscine

It was going inside the far post by a yard and some change. Straight from the head it was going wide but it curled inwards . The fact that the guy smashed it in from inches out with his left foot should tell you something.