• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20th Match - New Zealand v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sat Feb 28 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (01:00 GMT)

20th Match, Pool A - New Zealand v Australia Eden Park, Auckland LIVE D/N

GGG

State Captain
Holy crap, I knew Eden Park was a small ground but I had no idea the straight boundaries were so short.

55m is a bit of a joke isn't it?? I've played backyard games that require bigger hits.

Shorter straights could negate swing - Finch | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

It is a joke ground, it is now the only large city in the country not to have a proper cricket ground. I expect scores of 300+ although 250 seems to be about the average. Last time Aussie played at Eden park 2nd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, Feb 18, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo but a few years ago India were blown away for 150. May swing.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
They better build an indoor stadium if they go ahead with the waterfront plan.

Expect a stop start, DL affected, wet affair. Hope I am wrong tho.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seems stupid to me that we have two hosts, two groups and yet they put them together meaning one has to play a group game away from home.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wouldn't be surprised to see a double hundred in this game from one bat. Baz or Warner might do it if someone is going to do it. That or a Maxwell 100.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this would be the last match I'd bet on a double hundred to occur after the minnow vs minnow games.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Rain forecasted all week according to MetService and Saturday there isn't even a sun peeking out from the clouds graphic, just rain. It is too far away to be very accurate thankfully.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Seems stupid to me that we have two hosts, two groups and yet they put them together meaning one has to play a group game away from home.
Pretty sure that this was to minimise the chances of the hosts meeting in a quarterfinal.

Jezroy

State Captain
Rain forecasted all week according to MetService and Saturday there isn't even a sun peeking out from the clouds graphic, just rain. It is too far away to be very accurate thankfully.
A number of other weather websites say that it might not be too bad. Mainly cloudy on the other 3 I have looked at.

Metservice just always put rain or showers in the long range forecast for Auckland because they MIGHT be right. Allegedly...