• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - Ireland v West Indies

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Lottery? Have the Windies recently been thrashed to the tune of 179 runs by the likes of Scotland?

brockley

International Captain
On their day Ireland can still cause upsets,they just have to pick their best xl,therefor no room for Cusack and Mooney.Need to pick Chase,Sorensen and Young,with Balbirnie at 7 to bowl some overs with O'brien and Sterling.
Simmons logic is harming Irelands' chances.

yes i believe Ireland can beat the Windies.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
West Indies are not that bad. They may end of 2nd or 3rd in the Group at the end. My guess is that they going to beat Pakistan and possibly India.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
This match is in my hometown, woo Sun City represent!

Ireland will be targeting this match as a must-win. If they can knock over England in a WC they can beat the Windies. Don't think they will though.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I reckon Zimbabwe are more of a chance of upsetting the WIndies than Ireland tbh.

Anyway hoping the Windies get off to a good start. CARN WINDIES !!!!!!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd normally be rooting for the Windies here, but the WICB have treated the tournament with disdain, so I kinda hope Ireland win. Still, you gotta feel for the long-suffering Windie fans.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies should win easily but the way they have played in the build up you never know. Could be a good game, just a shame the time of it means I won't see any.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Looking forward to watching this. I wish the Irish do well in this tournament. It is too sad to see their cricket being decimated because of petty politics.

anil1405

International Captain
A battle of two teams that are not really in good form. If WI have their heads in the right place then it might be a no contest.

BeeGee

International Captain
From ESPN Cricket 2015:

Apparently Nelson is now in Australia. Why was I not informed of this?

Nelson.png

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think I am too. But it's a bit of a hard one - these are both teams I generally support at World Cups when they're not playing against NZ.
I've had a word with the mods and if you don't support Ireland you're banned until St. Patrick's Day.