• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things are looking good for India. Difficult to see them not topping the group after that one which mean's they'll likely face England, SL or Bangladesh in their QF.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Difficult to see them not topping the group after that one which mean's they'll likely face England, SL or Bangladesh in their QF.
Topping the group has a big incentive as a minnow might make it through from either or both of the groups..

Teja.

Global Moderator
Time for the repeat. :ph34r:
Everything on course. Stepped out to get some beer after AB's wicket and the match was already almost over by the time I got back. This will be the greatest collective tasting in history considering nobody rated us based on recent form as seen in the predictions thread. So pumped, vaaaaamos.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Should probably do one for Mohit too. The trooper has earned his place.

Soz Pratters, I refuse to do a Rayudu one out of principle.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What's the principle at work for not doing the Rayudu avatar Joe?

Re Mohit Sharma - he has improved tremendously. Such an important part of the reason why India is awesome right now.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What's the principle at work for not doing the Rayudu avatar Joe?
He's not really required. He's not capable of playing the accelerator role that Raina and Rahane played, nor is he capable of playing the dependable anchor who doesn't competely suck the life and momentum out of the team innings. He's Misbah-lite removed from the sinking Titanic environment. Well, not exactly; but I like the mental picture it paints so I'll let it stay. That sort of player would add respectability to a fragile batting lineup, but he'd be unsuited to a strong one that works off fluidly assigning varying roles to each batsman to maximise overall output.

I'm sure the discerning CWer would note here minor* reflections of PEWS's recent post on him, but I insist that I had already formed my opinion of Rayudu independently :ph34r:

* the word minor here is employed as a euphemism for major.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here guys, we'll be lolbad as soon as any bowler makes the ball talk.