• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Squad

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
Guess consequences for Bravos actions but boy he is leaving a massive hole.

Pollard I can live with though, hit and miss.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The WICB are maintaining it was a decision based on merit. The official explanation to Bravo was that they are building for the future. That's right, they appointed him captain a year ago with the 2015 World Cup in mind and now just a month before the thing starts they are suddenly' building a team for the future'. They continue to treat us fans with the utmost contempt, treating us like children. Do they honestly think we are that stupid?

Bravo was the Worlds top ODI allrounder last year and made the ICC World XI. Now suddenly he is left out of the number 8 ranked side 'on merit' behind Darren Sammy (inferior), Jason Holder (not as good yet) and Jonathan Carter (completely untested yet suddenly preferred).

It's victimisation pure and simple and I hope they are sued to smithereens by either the BCCI or the players themselves. I'm tired of their incompetence and lack of accountability.

Pollard had a bad start to his career but has actually been good in ODI's over the last 2 years, playing some of our better knocks and scoring a number of centuries. They are also two of the better fielders around.

Last edited:

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Are there any cricket boards that aren't run by buffoons? NZ, maybe? Although what was all that bollocks about Taylor/Hesson/whoever when they toured SA a few years ago?

brockley

International Captain
It was Holder no 7 in the tests I remember now.But will Sammy make the cut ,I mean the final xl,Russell at 7 and play 6 batsmen.

Too late to go back to Pollard and Bravo now the January 7 deadline has passed.Don't be surprised if they try Holder at 7 and Russell 6.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clive Lloyd thinks we are idiots.

But Pollard and Bravo are fourth and fifth in terms of ODI runs scored after 2011 World Cup, and now?I don't think they have had any exceptional performances. Nobody (of the pair) has got exceptional performances as far as (playing for) West Indies is concerned. They have been there and thereabouts. We really and truly want to pick people on what they have done for our cricket and not anywhere else. We have looked at all of that. We were saying if we have all these top-class players then we should be in a better position - not at No. 8 in the world for the last 10 years. We want people to go out there now and think "Hey, we want to get up that ladder." If you don't then we will continue to chop and change until we find the right combination.

That's the Clive Lloyd saying, on behalf of the number 8 side, that we will move up the ladder by discarding our best player, who wasn't a good enough best player to get us into the top 5. So now Holder is going to be our new fantabulous bestie, and he will be the bestie we need, and the bestie we deserve, and the bestie whose career we will smoke out in a second when the **** hits the fan!

msaaim89

Cricket Spectator
For those who don't read cricinfo, why are Bravo and Pollard not there?
Pollard because he is rubbish.

Clive Lloyd thinks we are idiots.

But Pollard and Bravo are fourth and fifth in terms of ODI runs scored after 2011 World Cup, and now?I don't think they have had any exceptional performances. Nobody (of the pair) has got exceptional performances as far as (playing for) West Indies is concerned.

Also take into consideration the number of matches played and average.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Clive Lloyd has really let himself down with that BS rationale for not picking arguably their best players..he just looks silly tbh..as i said before, i feel for the Windies fans...

brockley

International Captain
I feel sorry for the Windies,but Bangladesh was not far behind them on 9,and the side did not cut it,thought it would happen after the world cup tho.I dunno what we're Bravo and Pollards' record the last 3 years.
I always believed theWindies played to many allrounders,starting at 5,maybe Windies better off with more batsmen anyway.

Julian87

State Captain
I feel sorry for the Windies,but Bangladesh was not far behind them on 9,and the side did not cut it,thought it would happen after the world cup tho.I dunno what we're Bravo and Pollards' record the last 3 years.
I always believed theWindies played to many allrounders,starting at 5,maybe Windies better off with more batsmen anyway.
They're still going to have Smith, Sammy, Russell and Holder jammed into the XI I reckon.

cnerd123

likes this
Gayle
Dwayne S
Simmons
Darren B
Samuels
Ramdin (+)
???
Holder (*)
Narine
Jerome T
Roach

Sammy/Russel/Carter to fill that last spot. Carter might be okay given how Samuels, Dwayne, Simmons and Gayle are all very capable of filling the 5th bowlers overs. But Sammy brings experience, finishing ability, and is generally a good man to have around in a team.

Not a bad side really. Can see them causing a few scares. Dwayne Bravo and Pollard would have been so perfect tho. Drop Smith, put Simmons to open and move everyone up one slot, Bravo/Ramdin/Pollard for 5/6/7.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Team morale will be down after this too. I won't be surprised if people like Gayle underperform (not intentionally, but guys will lose focus after this idiocy).

brockley

International Captain
Sounds like the West Indies are going to get smashed.Stand by my prediction Ireland to bt them,no Pollard this time.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yep just heard that Narine himself has chosen to pull out because he's not 100% confident in his corrected action (i.e it's too close to the legal limit and he thinks he may well get called). His offie is aboslutely fine it's the variations that are still too close to the legal limit and some are still being recorded as over 15 degress on occasion.

Fair enough, good decision IMO. Sort your action out Sunil, we're going to need you desperately over the next 8 years or so and you're not the same bowler without those variations.

Heena16

Banned

W.i. good side just like india
But only if they perform match after match.on paper they looks strong team not strong on ground