Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Sri Lanka Thread

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Nah as Maximas said, i will be happy if we get to the semi's but i reckon we will have to play our best cricket to do that and dont expect to see us in the final this time...
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Chandimal adds more in the field, and I think he'd be better at hitting out in the death than Tharanga.

Something else I considered

I don't really think either of them are all that good at the death tbh but the fielding point is a good one, at the end of the day I think it's a bit of a mute point because I honestly think the selectors will go for Kusal or Tharanga at the top and leave Mahela at 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawood Ahmad View Post

Hamish, no body knows even name of him
    But Ponting, there's great fame of him

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    Nah as Maximas said, i will be happy if we get to the semi's but i reckon we will have to play our best cricket to do that and dont expect to see us in the final this time...
    Why not. What is to stop you posting 330 in the semi if you bat first.

Sanga could just decide I want to win this this cup.

Some heroes will be made in this tournament. De Silva's innings is remembered as a World Cup classic and there will be other such innings this time around.
    YorksLanka likes this.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Yea Kusal is opening and Mahela is at 4, no doubt.

SL's side seems pretty settled tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I am really impressed with the teams Yorks and Maximas have put together - I think SL could do some damage. This will be a better world cup than the last one.
    We'll know more after the NZ ODIs but I really think the conditions will make quite a difference, a lot is resting on Dilshan, Sanga, Mahela and Matthews, remains to be seen how Malinga comes back after surgery and how the spinners adapt to the conditions, certainly think if our key players fire we will put up a damn good fight and go deep though
    Hurricane likes this.

^Good post.

Also Maximas and Yorks - remember my pet theory you only need 4 quality batsman but all 4 have to be good enough to ton up without it shocking you. And then you just need a couple of rple players and at least the batting should be covered. You have listed 4 good batsman in your post above.

I guess you know that already which is why most of the concern is on the bowling front.

Yeah the batting is good from 2-6, probably still pretty good in Aus/NZ conditions, it's just the bowling that is worrying me, plus I think the lack of decent second opener might undermine the batting a bit which could put us under a lot of pressure in a big chase or something
    Hurricane likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Also Maximas and Yorks - remember my pet theory you only need 4 quality batsman but all 4 have to be good enough to ton up without it shocking you. And then you just need a couple of rple players and at least the batting should be covered. You have listed 4 good batsman in your post above.

I guess you know that already which is why most of the concern is on the bowling front.
    Yes, you're spot on with that mate..i wonder whether kusal will play better with the ball coming onto the bat quicker rather than having to go after it? Maximas-its funny isnt it, before last summer's series, i spent a lot of time trying to argue that Tharanga should be in adn you the opposite and we both seem to have done an about turn for the WC !!

Tharanga as an opener I'll never support, but him as a middle order player with Chandiguns and everyone else out of form leaves us with few other options haha, my u-turn on Lakmal from the start of the UAE series to the end of it was even worse tbh

do you know what the fitness situation with lakmal is at the mo?Also i have a sneaky feeling that chandiguns will come good on the quicker wickets as hehas traditionally done well on those types of wickets..hope we give him a decent chance in the NZ series matches..

Lakmal is fine as far as I'm aware, could have played today

Kusal is trying to make me look bad anyone who has played the game knows opening is half in the mind so hope he will come thru it...

Have to go two spinners when they are as good as Senna and Herath. Good spin still goes well in Australia, especially when with Senna it can be used in the PP.

Yes exactly, even though we lost today, he bowled very tightly and if he and herath can tie down 20overs going at 3-4 and picking up a couple of wickets along the way, it certainly makes life easierfor the rest of the bowling attack..

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information