• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand is better than Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it was you NSW imbeciles that voted in a Labor government for the past 15+ years. 8-) Finally come to your senses...

Give me Melbourne, Victoria any day of the week.

Sydney is an OK place to visit, if you're visiting the beachside suburbs where a very small % of the population can afford to live. Bunch of bum-sniffing Thugby followers :ph34r:

Wouldn't want to live there myself.
You're being silly. There was a labor government in victoria until last year, and that state had the strongest alp vote last August.

As for Melbourne, well it's all right. Loving your comment about only the beach side suburbs in Sydney. Like there are a million miles of leafy goodness in the sprawl of Melbourne. What a crock.

The joint would benefit a lot from not having to tell everyone about itself. Be it sport, the food, the "we're trying to be like a European capital but really we all go to the afl because there's nothing else to do" lot who talk about the galleries there like it's an antipodean Florence when it's really Dubbo with a Botanic Gardens.

Melbourne tries too hard. And to an extent it ought to, as doing so reflects its quite properly held inferiority complex.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're being silly. There was a labor government in victoria until last year, and that state had the strongest alp vote last August.

As for Melbourne, well it's all right. Loving your comment about only the beach side suburbs in Sydney. Like there are a million miles of leafy goodness in the sprawl of Melbourne. What a crock.

The joint would benefit a lot from not having to tell everyone about itself. Be it sport, the food, the "we're trying to be like a European capital but really we all go to the afl because there's nothing else to do" lot who talk about the galleries there like it's an antipodean Florence when it's really Dubbo with a Botanic Gardens.

Melbourne tries too hard. And to an extent it ought to, as doing so reflects its quite properly held inferiority complex.
Mate, we have four elite sporting complexes in our CBD region.

I had to travel for an hour to get to Olympic Park Stadium and ANZ Stadium in Homebush . SCG isn't exactly central idea.

Considering this is a sport forum, game, set and match.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year

I had to travel for an hour to get to Olympic Park Stadium and ANZ Stadium in Homebush . SCG isn't exactly central idea.

Melbourne's CBD is far closer to the geographic center of the city than Sydney's CBD though. Olympic park is actually pretty close to the geographic center of the city and is more convenient than the CBD for anyone living further west than Leichardt.

I'll give you the SFS and SCG though. **** places to get to but that's not because they're far away, rather because the PT is **** out that way.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It's called the central business district, not the central sporting district, ****.

The fact you have so many sporting venues in your CBD illustrates how irrelevant Melbourne is as a centre at all.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Excuse me, can we please get back on topic?

Is New Zealand better than Australia?
Hell yeah!
Dude your best city came in 10th on the awesome cities list and I waited 30 minutes once for a Wendys cheeseburger in Auckland once and it tasted crap. How are we even having a serious discussion about this?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dude your best city came in 10th on the awesome cities list and I waited 30 minutes once for a Wendys cheeseburger in Auckland once and it tasted crap. How are we even having a serious discussion about this?
I waited 45 minutes for service at a pub in Sydney and the beer was flat and warm when served.

Also the chick I tried to hit on turned me down.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I waited 45 minutes for service at a pub in Sydney and the beer was flat and warm when served.

Also the chick I tried to hit on turned me down.
Mate that's just not acceptable. I'll have a chat to our new premier about it.