• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Tait and Johnson fire then Australia have a good chance, trouble is they are just as likely to bowl dross and get carted. Should be an interesting hour or two whatever happens.

Burgey

Ye Chappel being an idiot today...crying me thinks...wait till u see punters reaction if Pak win
I can tell you how he'll react now if you like...

"Pakistan played really well today, and were too good. We didn't bat well enough but they bowled very well and deserved to win".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Could still be an interesting chase. Bet365 only has Oz @ 2/1 to win (Pakistan 2/5).

If Tait and Johnson are having "on" days 177 could be very ticklish indeed.

Gul's ball to Watson was a pearler too; the movement in made the shot look worse than it was. If the ball hadn't swung it was there to be driven.

pup11

International Coach
This could be the game that Watson becomes a threat in this World Cup with the ball. I don't think raw pace is required, simply a bowler who can bowl a tight line and expose any irregularity in the wicket.

Watching the Ch9 coverage back in Australia with Stuart Clark. Wouldn't mind having him back again for a final hurrah on this wicket.
Yeah... agree with what you said about Watto, he didn't bat for too long so he should be pretty fresh as well, also forget about Stuey Clark even Hastings would have been pretty handful on this deck.

As I said earlier... erratic pace bowling is only going to make life a lot easier for the Pakistani batsmen, the need of the hour here is to bowl tight and wicket to wicket.

Just hoping Tait, Lee and Johnson don't spray it around in their first spell as that would kill any chance that we might have in this game.

Woodster

International Captain
Ponderous effort from Australia. No sign of the intent and aggression that they have displayed on a regular basis throughout this amazing run of World Cup victories. Obviously credit to Pakistan and how they have bowled in that first innings, and the intensity they showed in the field. The Pakistan spinners were allowed to strangle the Aussies who took no chances against them, refused to move their feet decisively, and couldn't rotate the strike effectively enough, especially early on.

The pitch does look a bit two-paced, but no major demons out there. While reaching the ten-over mark with around 40 on the board, a steady start, would be a great boost for Pakistan, you know they're going to go hard at it early, it could result in a flyer, or the loss of a few wickets. Younis and Misbah remain integral figures in this chase.

pup11

International Coach
Ok mate.. They should have got 450. Just deal with it, eh?
Would have loved if they would have done that, but I just don't agree with the fact that the wicket or the bowling was good enough to bundle us out for 176...

Burgey

Would have loved if they would have done that, but I just don't agree with the fact that the wicket or the bowling was good enough to bundle us out for 176...
It may well not have been, but bear in mind Canada rolled Pakistan for 180 here last week. It's not a minefield but nor is it a road.

pup11

International Coach
It may well not have been, but bear in mind Canada rolled Pakistan for 180 here last week. It's not a minefield but nor is it a road.
I still think we are 40-50 runs short here and as you said the only reason I'm holding any hope is because this is Pakistan that we are up against.

pup11

International Coach
****.. That clearly shows the rub of the green (no pun intended) is going Pakistan's way...

Burgey

Love Kamran Akmal's facial expressions. He really could eat an apple through the proverbial tennis racquet.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I have never wanted a batsman to succeed less than Kamran Akmal. Poor techniques don't deserve to last on a wicket like this.