Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Have South Africa taken a big step in removing the CHOKERS tag

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yep definitely. Earlier in the thread I linked to the articles where Hayden and Ponting played some of the greatest pre-match mind games I have ever seen.
    And Smith's dismissal is one of the greatest examples of letting pressure get to you and affecting your performance I've ever seen. He danced down the wicket and tried to thump McGrath out the ground for God's sake. IIRC Kallis decided to play aggressively as a response to the stick he got after his innings in the pool stage and threw his wicket away equally stupidly.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the Aussie dressing room at the interval. I don't think they expected South Africa to hand the game on a plate that easily.

Smith's was ludicrous but I found Kallis' worse because the previous ball he had played a glorious shot through the covers for 4. Then he tried charging and McGrath took out his off stump.

Crazy stuff.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Strangely forgotten tour that. Should have been one for ages in terms of a high-water mark, but bizarrely never talked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    ICC plot, tbh.

Nah, seriously in retrospect was it the highwater mark of the great Australian teams? Continued to be great for another couple of years afterwards, but were maybe on the downhill slope slightly.

Gradient has increased exponentially last coupla years, obvz.
    I haven't forgotten it. I have a lot of for Martyn and Clarke's knocks on that tour, and Gillespie was amazing as well. Beating SL 3-0 and India in India was an awesome effort, but I still think about what could have happened if the fifth day in Chennai hadn't been rained out..

Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Um you are aware that South Africa beat India in India in 2000 : 2-0 right? Talk about a forgotten series.
    Yep, SA trounced us in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah precisely. If they'd been knocked out narrowly vs India or SL having fought til the end, the choking tag would be much less justified despite their pitiful knockout record (0% success rate in WCs). But instead they committed high-grade self-immolation against a team that was not exactly working magic, and by common consent. Exceptionally disciplined, committed, hungry and with immense self-belief but those shouldn't have, in the end, made a difference to the result, given the quality of SA's batting lineup. But they just ****ed themselves immensely by playing deadset moronic cricket. NZ deserved the win because exploiting an opponent's weaknesses is a crucial and highly commendable skill, but that doesn't mean the weaknesses aren't there, and they aren't glaring.

With the 07 match... I wonder how much of it was the fear that if they didn't get a gigantic score it wouldn't be safe, having been absolutely murdered by Aus top order earlier on...
    Agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    The guy made good points but he is stupid if he thinks RSA were in control of their chase against India in the group game.. **** me, but 14 off the last over, I would back the bowling side 9 times out of 10...
    Yeah, I found that part a bit strange as well.

This reminds me of something, has ORION been sighted since SA's loss to New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    This reminds me of something, has ORION been sighted since SA's loss to New Zealand?

No, we're still sitting at the airport waiting for our captain to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Said immediately after the match that we'll never see him on CW again. Sticking to that.

Definition of fairweather fan.

vcs
    Would like to see that taipan1 bloke after his predictions about the SA-India Test series. Disappeared around the 2nd day of the Durban Test IIRC.

Wouldn't put 0RI0N quite in the same class as him. Atleast he tries (and fails) to be funny.
    Last edited by vcs; 30-03-2011 at 01:23 PM.

You guys are being too harsh on Orion. Good bloke IMO. Was pretty gracious after the SA tour too IIRC.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    You guys are being too harsh on Orion. Good bloke IMO. Was pretty gracious after the SA tour too IIRC.
    Yeah, AWTA. If he leaves the forum when his team loses, who can blame him? Doesn't mean he didn't watch the match, just doesn't want to see pages upon pages of laughing at SA and calling them chokers.

vcs
    Aakash Chopra: The difference between choking and panicking | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

This comment from Jeegar Pandya really cracked me up:

Well done Akash!!! I think you have managed to split the hair right down the middle.

ORI0N is a gun haterz can suck it. He gave the phrase 'umadkat?' to cw ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    ORI0N is a gun haterz can suck it. He gave the phrase 'umadkat?' to cw ffs!
    What's the story behind Umadkat and what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    What a useless article seriously. Chopra wrote a few good articles on techniques of batting and bowling earlier. He has run out of topics to write on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    What's the story behind Umadkat and what it means?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information