• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay finally picked a serious one, South Africa. Beating India is generally great but it usually requires a really poor decision/good old fashioned whinge from the fans to give it the requisite amount of satisfaction/schadenfreude for me. Beating South Africa anytime, anywhere is just brilliant. Talk themselves up something fierce but the sorest losers ever, tbh.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
has to be ****in england. What a bunch of ****y little ****s. From that tool broad to that moron trott to that massive **** KP. The only two people i like in that god forsaken squad is swann and strauss.

The rest can suck a big massive one
:laugh:

Yes, heaven forbid everyone doesn't learn to speak a particular person's native language while growing up.
:laugh:

Well yeah, um it sort of is the most widely spoken language on the planet and all..
If you mean widely in terms of the number of persons then you are off the mark dude. This post smacks of your ignorance.

And ?

(And you are wrong )
haha.....awta

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think English is indeed the most widely spoken.....

It's not the most common native language, but I think it is the most spoken.

Jayzamann

International Regular
You can walk down a street in basically any city in the world and find a person who can speak broken English, or at least recognise the language. Same can't really be said for Mandarin Chinese.

A Spaniard and a Chinese person are probably more likely to communicate with each other in English than one of their native languages.

@topic: Australia. Even though I support them, their selection policy and team makeup does rile me up

Bun

Banned
Whether or not widely spoken, it is not mandatory for te players to know it. It is equivalent of making asking questions in hindi to an Aussie player in IPL and then laughing at his inability to answer. If that is people's idea of harmless fun, no more comments.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think English is indeed the most widely spoken.....
I don't think that is correct, it would be interesting to see some data.

Not that it makes any difference here. One very often sees this sort of arrogance in native speakers of english against those who can't speak english as fluently as them. I deal with International clients on a daily basis and it is really annoying to see "Rolleyes" and "giggles" across the table when our Asian/European clients are trying to speak to us in English.

Yes there is no malice, but mocking someone's English is kinda annoying especially when the person is doing you a favor by speaking in the only language you can understand (that too barely in many cases).

It's not the most common native language, but I think it is the most spoken.
Does Inzi count among them ?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think benchmark's original post was even making fun of his poor english anyway. Ridiculous debate.

Blaze 18

Banned
The spanner in the works is that this list seems to include people who don't really speak a lot of English. There are 1400-1800 million English speakers, according to this list of yours, but only 328 million are native speakers

For the record, this has nothing to do with what Benchmark posted. I have no doubt Benchmark wasn't being malicious about it. I am posting this because I feel a list like that is quite misleading, because it does seem to include people like Inzamam-ul-Haq.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes, heaven forbid everyone doesn't learn to speak a particular person's native language while growing up.

In any case, I don't think it's malicious - he simply doesn't speak it well and therefore makes some gaffes which are funny..
Haha, come on. I'm not saying he should have learned it as a child but English is the language of cricket and tbh pretty much the global language, to call it a random language is just being obtuse

Your usual helpful contribution eh.

Last edited:

vcs

The spanner in the works is that this list seems to include people who don't really speak a lot of English. There are 1400-1800 million English speakers, according to this list of yours, but only 328 million are native speakers

For the record, this has nothing to do with what Benchmark posted. I have no doubt Benchmark wasn't being malicious about it. I am posting this because I feel a list like that is quite misleading, because it does seem to include people like Inzamam-ul-Haq.
Agreed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure most widely spoken means spoken in the most countries.

Anyone remember that 'Smitteh' video sledger posted on utoob? There was a message at the end of it. It was true.

vcs

No amount of popularity justifies mocking someone for not speaking a language fluently.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, come on. I'm not saying he should have learned it as a child but English is the language of cricket and tbh pretty much the global language, to call it a random language is just being obtuse
Well of course, I agree it's not just some 'random language' - it's the most important language in the world right now, in terms of it's usefulness and applicability in terms of business, diplomacy, literature, entertainment, etc. But you don't need to know English to play cricket, and there are probably more native Hindi and Urdu speakers who play cricket than native English speakers :p.

Anyway, this is an academic discussion, I don't have a problem with what benchy and others said because I really don't think it was 'mocking' in a malicious way. It's just good natured fun because he says things that sound funny. It's not a big deal. I think there was an article in 'The Australian', which I thought was being malicious in their reporting when they spoke about one of the Pakistani players and their 'broken English' and I said so.

But this isn't that. He's probably my favorite batsman of the decade, but there is no denying that he's a funny character, regardless of his English.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah look - benchy wasn't mocking Inzy as we've established. And my comment was 'just a random language - lol' or something to that extent. Which you've just agreed with.

I'm going to try and bite my tongue but there are some replies in this thread that go a long way to justifying some points various people have made lately.