• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC targets YouTube World Cup clips

Craig

World Traveller
Greedy money bags.What will the Dane(person from denmark) on cw see any of it?
Unless it is somebody else I don't know, I he is from Norway :blink:

As James once said, it is a wonder sometimes YouTube hasn't been made to shut down.

Langeveldt

Soutie
This is ridiculous. Does the ICC not realise that these videos will give them more publicity and spread cricket to a wider audience? Absolutely ridiculous.
It isn't ridiculous, for once I'm behind the ICC on this one.. It's like pirating games, sooner or later it's not worth the gaming companies time to produce the games, because everyone just picks them up for free.. If you host a stream of the world cup in a country that has rights to the TV coverage, it's no different to putting a copy of Windows Vista on a file sharing site..

The ICC's problem lies not in deleting the youtube clips, but for not making the game more accesible as a whole...

GGG

State Captain
It isn't ridiculous, for once I'm behind the ICC on this one.. It's like pirating games, sooner or later it's not worth the gaming companies time to produce the games, because everyone just picks them up for free.. If you host a stream of the world cup in a country that has rights to the TV coverage, it's no different to putting a copy of Windows Vista on a file sharing site..

The ICC's problem lies not in deleting the youtube clips, but for not making the game more accesible as a whole...
Thats right Langeveldt either make it more accesible at a reasonable price or don't be surprised if pirated high quality/fast live streams are the norm come next world cup. Adapt or die.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

But we're not on about illegal streams, we're on about clips on YouTube. Clips on YouTube are nothing like pirating games whatsoever, they're more like a demo and they still promote all the usual sponsor crap.

YouTube clips are good for cricket, the ICC isn't.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it could end up in their back pockets and being spent on overly luxurious offices in Dubai for all we know.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Maybe if the TV networks came out and gave Youtube their blessing I'd be more in favour of it.. You can get a whole half hour highlights package of a game on Youtube, people buy digital TV so they can see that kind of stuff..

GGG

State Captain
Maybe if the TV networks came out and gave Youtube their blessing I'd be more in favour of it.. You can get a whole half hour highlights package of a game on Youtube, people buy digital TV so they can see that kind of stuff..
And what if you can't get highlights? I payed for a Ary Digital cricket package and they show no highlights what so ever, they have cut a few games short (end of South Africa/Sri Lanka Game) and Ary Digital is my only option.

wang

Cricket Spectator
ICC's Removal of World Cup 2007 Videos from YouTube

As many of you know youtube have been forced to remove short highlights of matches by the ICC. For many people on our planet this is the only way they can access cricket highlights as there is no TV coverage where live. Please visit www.cricket-petition.com to sign a petition against the removal of World Cup cricket videos from YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizhlMCi2_Y

Last edited:

wang

Cricket Spectator
Love your site btw.
Not actually my site, it was the doing of some of the guys who had their clips/accounts removed. I just happen to know the guys who set it up and not only want to help them but help all cricket lovers worldwide. If not for youtube I never would have seen big Dwayne from Bermudas catch.